We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation in Curacao

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation in Curacao

Two questions:

Is the public transportation reliable at Curaçao? I'll stay at Marriott with my family and, as long as I plan to spend some time at the hotel's beach, I dont want to rent a car for all days of my trip.

I know babies need to use car seats un Curaçao. But, if i take a taxi at the airport to take me to the hotel, will I need the car seat? Can I take my baby with me for this short drive?

thank you!

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,096 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation in Curacao

If you want to go to town during the day you can take a local bus.. at night they don't drive that much.. also if you want to go to the western beaches you better go with a rental car.

I don't think most taxi drivers will mind if you take your child on your lap but its not the safest option

Tennessee
Level Contributor
84 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation in Curacao

Taxi from airport to Marriott is USD 25.There is no shuttle.Once you get to the Marriott there is a hotel shuttle to town at 9 am and 2 pm but it only can take 11 persons so unless you are lucky to get a reservation you have to take a taxi to town, Usd 20 to Punda and !5 to Otrabunda from where you can walk across the pontoon bridge to the other side.The bus back to the hotel starts at the bus station behind Subway and KFC ( on the Otrabanda side)-across from the bridge..Take the bus to Charro-fare $ 2 and the stop is directly across from the hotel.Beach at the Marriott is as good as the other western beaches and is not worth renting a car.To see the island reserve a island tour-$64 per person on Tues and Fri.(9 am to 2 pm)Hotel has a res.desk and the company picks you up at the hotel.

3. Re: Transportation in Curacao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 06, 2015