We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions For Sunscape Veterans

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Questions For Sunscape Veterans

Howdy,

We have a small, active adult group in our 40's going down to Sunscape on 11 March. We were thinking about taking the ATV tour across the street from the resort and were looking for input. Possibly another tour also if anyone has suggestions. I had heard it does but don't know for sure. Can someone post the cruise ship schedule website again please? I seem to have lost it and want to book our tours when the ships aren't in port. Its our wedding anniversary and we booked a Preferred Honeymoon Jr Suite. Does anyone know if it has a jetted tub? Any suggestions on any specific types of massages or other treatments to make it extra special for my wife?

I really enjoy the planning of these trips and reading the forums. I know I am throwing a lot of questions out there. Thanks in advance.

Jim

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions For Sunscape Veterans

Hi Jim,

Here's the cruise schedule website again...http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-willemstad-curacao.html

Wise move to avoid downtown and tourist activities the days cruise ships are in port!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions For Sunscape Veterans

Thanks Jeff. I am saving this where I won't lose it this time! I am off to the tanning bed. This pasty boy needs to be ready for that equatorial sun.

Montpelier, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions For Sunscape Veterans

We stayed in the PC Honeymoon Jr. Suite and there was not a tub at all...just a nice tiled shower.

Montpelier, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions For Sunscape Veterans

By the way...we loved the room! The view was to die for!

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions For Sunscape Veterans

The original web site pictures showed Jacuzzis, but I have no idea where they might be. The only possibility would be the renovated Royal Tower since those rooms are a bit bigger. No tubs at all, never mind jets in the other buildings.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions For Sunscape Veterans

If the atv across the street is Eric's, definitely go one a tour, it's so much fun

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions For Sunscape Veterans

Thanks for the replies during this busy time of year. We like a room with a nice view so it sounds as if we will be very happy, with or without a Jacuzzi. We were looking at Curacao Buggy Adventures, but I don't think that is Eric's. I will be doing more research.

We are thinking about Irie Tours to get the lay of the land and maybe come back to points of interest if anyone thinks that may be a decent idea. Any other tour suggestions? I know some of our group will be doing some shopping. For me its a couple of tours, an insulated coffee mug filled with Amstel, the pool, some volleyball, and a week without the kids.

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions For Sunscape Veterans

Always a good idea to take a professional tour to get oriented, then head back to the highlight spots on your own. Another option to consider would be to book a private or semi-private tour through your hotel with one of the smaller scale tour guides. We did this and shared a van with one other couple, so much more interaction with the guide and ability to ask many, many questions. When booking, make sure to mention that you want an English speaking trip. The guides are multilingual, but primary tourism language is Dutch, so their English may not be so good.

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions For Sunscape Veterans

Try a caipirinha! They are delicious. Bring a float - we spent our afternoons after snorkeling laying on our floats with drink in hand.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
156 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions For Sunscape Veterans

We may have to go to a pre-trip training session to learn how to pronounce that drink, and after having a couple it may get even harder to say, but our stout group will be up to the challenge!

A few years ago in Costa Rica we took a private tour which we had never done before and it was really the best way to go. Great idea, Jeff.