We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Breakfast

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newport Beach, CA
8 posts
Save Topic
Marriott Breakfast

I'm trying to decide if we should do the "Stay for Breakfast" package with the hotel. Basically the rate for the room is $149/night -- if we choose the breakfast package it is $179/night. Should we just do breakfast on our own?

We are soooo looking forward to our trip to Curacao at the end of the month. It will be our first time there. My husband is a big scuba diver...I like to shop and hang out at the pool. Oh, and eat great food!

Recommendations are welcome!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Breakfast

Hi,

We loved having the breakfast package because it meant you could go almost all day on it alone!

Here's part of my review from March 2005:

<<If your only reason for vacationing is to eat gourmet meals, then you may find fault with the onsite restaurant choices. But for us the Palm Cafe, Voila deli, the beachside Seabreeze, Portofino and room service (a different menu and always beautifully presented), provided us with plenty of variety during the week. You always have the choice to visit the numerous island restaurants nearby, and the staff will be more than happy to help you make a selection based on your budget and tastes.

The Palm Cafe offered a daily buffet breakfast which was complemented by table service. There were heaping bowls of chilled fresh pineapple, papaya, grapefruit and melon every morning with a selection of plain and flavored yogurts. For those who prefer a hot breakfast, made to order eggs (or EggBeaters) with your choice of mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, ham and bacon or cheese, were prepared at a spotless station. Baked goods, bagels with smoked salmon and capers or cereal were available every morning, with apples, oranges and bananas conveniently located to pick up on the way out for snacking on later in the day.

If you prefer tea to coffee, a selection was offered with varieties such as green tea, lemon or Earl Grey. Again, I very much appreciated the bug/bird covers and cleanliness of the buffet, as well as the height at which everything was displayed---to discourage little fingers from sampling.

There is always room for improvement and the Seabreeze could use a more expanded, healthy menu, but because the deli is open all day, it provides an alternative with tasty salads and sandwiches. Of course the swim up bar tends to attract guests at happy hour who can become noisy....that's life!

The Portofino Restaurant was a pleasant dining experience, with a relaxed atmosphere, attentive service and a fairly comprehensive menu choice. I enjoyed the delicious risotto at the Portofino more than at the much touted Sjalotte across the street. The reason they have Marriott customers is simply because Floris Suites are nearby, not because anyone is disgruntled. Wait staff should not be making comments about another establishment anyway. We did have a lovely lunch at the Museum Cafe in Kura Hulanda and would recommend touring that hotel. It is quite unique.>>>>

Hope that helps you make your decision!

2. Re: Marriott Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 12, 2009