We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorktown Heights...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Reservations

Hi to all,

I'm vacationing in Curacao for the first time and will be there Presidents week. Will I need to call now and make dinner reservations on the Island? How busy will the Island be? I'm expecting it to be very busy.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations

We dont celebrate presidents day in Curacao so it is only a holiday in the USA.

The week before presidents day will actually be really busy in Curacao as we celebrate Carnaval on Curacao (10 and 12 Feb).

Yorktown Heights...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations

I know I will miss Carnaval : ( ! I just thought that tourism might be high that week and that it might be difficult to get reservations. We will be eating outside the hotel most of the time. It seems there are many interesting restaurants with great views! Thanks for your reply.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations

Reservations not really required so much time in advance. Reservations can be made a day before for busy days and popular places. To be sure make them a day in advance.

Normally I make my reservations on the same day like around noon for dinner. But sometimes the place was already booked. Had that problem a couple of weeks back for the restaurant KOME on a friday.

Enjoy your trip

Virginia
Level Contributor
969 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservations

Presidents Day would possibly be an issue if you were going to Aruba, but Curacao has a more diverse group of visitors (fewer Americans). You might check out the cruise schedule to see how busy downtown and some of the tours might be:

cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-willemstad-c…

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reservations

If you want to be sure you will get a table, just drop them an email. Most restaurants have an email adress. Easy and you will not have to think about it when you arrive, but on the other hand you are never sure where you end up on the island. Sometimes you plan something and you end up somewhere else.

have a nice stay

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,960 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reservations

If you want to for example have dinner at the Governor it is better to reserve a table with St.Anna View as these tables will go quick. For other restaurants I normally call the same day.

Cape May Court...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reservations

We usually make our reservations via email before we go on vacation. This way we have some sort of game plan, especially for the more popular restaurants.

8. Re: Reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 30, 2014