We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay on the boat

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
500 reviews
Save Topic
Stay on the boat

We went to Willemstad the week of April 2. I would not come back for a few reasons. The locals don't seem to want you there at all, they seemed to take tourists for granted. The people are not very friendly, the drivers would rather run you down than yield to cross walk, even with small children. The shop keepers were not polite or helpful in anyway. I love the Caribbean and have never met an island I didn't enjoy until this one.

Asunción
12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Stay on the boat

Here is a fine example of a friendly local.

Asunción
12 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Stay on the boat

Yes, I agree, SOME people should stay on boat !

Makes the island more enjoyable for those who appreciate the experience :))

Another friendly local......

Asunción
12 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Stay on the boat

The people are not very friendly

I would have to disagree I find the local people to be among the nicest people I have ever met. They will go out of their way to help a stranger, I was once lost and asked a local guy for directions instead he drove me there (some distance) while I tagged behind in my car. I have countless other examples.

14. Re: Stay on the boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 am, June 19, 2013