We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Absecon, New Jersey
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

One 8 am - 11 pm What to do any good beaches.. free costs? Tours cost;y? Help in general... Thansk

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

rent a car and head west, stop by Shete Boca park, Porto mari and or Cas Abou, two beautiful beaches. All the above have a minimal cost to get in but so worth the visits. Drive back in the afternoon and walk around Willemstad for shopping and sightseeing, there are a couple of good museums,one being Kurahulanda slave museum. Dinners choices, maybe, Grill King,Scampis both on the waterfront., Check out curacao,com

Absecon, New Jersey
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

Thank you for your help will check them out!

Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

Type "one day curacao" into the forum search, and you'll find tons of advice.

Absecon, New Jersey
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

Thanks! I will look..

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
13 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

I would spend a non-beach day checking out the very quaint dutch Unesco World Site, walkable from port.

I did the beach snorkeling thing; loved it. Nice waveless beach with wonderful snorkeling. Fell asleep under a palm tree. $45 taxi to get you to Playa Porto Marie each way. $5.50 to get you in with a great lounger.

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

I agree with Ralphy. You have a long day on the Island which is nice. Get a car head west. Go to shete boca first on your way back Cas Abou beach and than Porto Marie both great beaches. You can also stick to one beach. I would do Cas Abou than. head back in the afternoon (±15:00). return the car. Walk otrabanda and punda have dinner and head back to the ship.

Absecon, New Jersey
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

Thank you everyone for the great ideas! Sounds like renting a car is the way to go.

Boyne City, Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

I highly suggest contacting Sandria at Irie Tours. I cruised with a group of 80 people, and 60 did the Irie Tour, and 60 people reported back it was the highlight of the cruise. (Of course we had two different busses)

For $20, we did "The East Side Tour" and we got on an open air, converted school bus. We toured the city, stopped at the Curacao distillery where we got to taste all the flavors, had a stop at a beautiful beach, and they also supplied all the beer, water and soda you could drink! Tours lasted about 5 hours, so you cannot beat that price.

Dennis was our driver, I think it's Sandria's husband, and they were both awesome! Find there website here: http://www.irietours.com/tours.php, or you can find them on Facebook as well. Be patient if they don't get back with you quickly, it's worth the wait!

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
88 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

I like the idea of exploring the island. Can someone give rental recommendations that will pick us up at the ship port?

thanks in advance!

Edited: 9:33 am, March 22, 2012
New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
88 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cruise stop one day --- beach? what to do... tour?

We have an Avis car we're picking up at the pier.