We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
baltimore
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
beaches

My wife and I are staying a the marriott in curacao. I heard the beach there was rocky. any truth to that? If so, can you recommond some smooth surface beaches.

Queensbury, NY
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches

If my memory serves me right, if you go to the far right side of the beach it's a lot more sandy. We stay next door at the lanai apartments, and we snorkel from that area.We always bring a pair of reef shoes with us on vacation just in case. I hope this helps.

Alma

Elkhorn
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches

Hi,

Just came back from 2 weeks in Curacao. We stayed at the Marriott. It is everything the brochures show it to be. The grounds are lovely and maintained beautifully. They have one of the best beaches on the island with 2 protected coves with sea walls. This makes the inner area easy to swim & play in with what on the island is a lot of sand. There are aras of the beach covered with rock & dead coral, but they offer you beach shoes to use while you are there if you don't take your own. They also offer an on-site dive shop called Carribean Sea Sports for rental of fins & snorkles or a complete dive training session. I highly reccommend the Marriott, our room was beautiful without that musty smell you can get in the tropics. They include a small fridge where you can keep your beverages. We went to the Centrum grocery store and stocked up on snacks & soda, cereal & milk so we didn't eat at the resturants constantly. (big money saver) The average cost for a lunch of say, burger & fries and a cocktail was about $38.00 (dollars)for 2. The Marriott also includes a 12 percent service charge on thier bills. The wait staff doesn't consider this a tip, but a form of incentive pay they receive twice a year. Marriott has a good food service at the hotel , but try other places. Downtown is on 8 minutes away, (we rented a car for the time we were there) and ate a number of times at the downtown resturants. If you dive the island is the best place I have every stayed for shore diving. We did 22 dives in 11 days, and were never disapointed. If you would like more info, please feel free to ask.

Pompton Plains, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches

Hi, we are booked at the Marriott for 6 days in August. really trying to decide aabout the all inclusive. We will have our 11 yrold and 18 yr old with us. Any thoughts? also is there anything special we should be doing? we will have our own snorkel stuff with us.

Pompton Plains, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches

Hi, we are booked at the Marriott for 6 days in August. really trying to decide aabout the all inclusive. We will have our 11 yrold and 18 yr old with us. Any thoughts? also is there anything special we should be doing? we will have our own snorkel stuff with us.

Waterford,CT
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches

We just returned from Curacao and stayed at the Lodge Kura Hulanda on the north side of the island. If you rent a car there are beautiful beaches on the north west coast. We visited Jeremy, Lagun, Knip and Kalki (on the property)All were very unique and never more than about 15 people around you. Among the four we visited Playa Knip was our favorite! A beautiful beach with smooth sand and water so clear you could see the bottom at over 9 feet. Of the four beaches Knip was the only one with no snokeling. Hope you enjoy your stay. We can't wait to go back!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beaches

CPS do not do all inclusive in CUR. Too many fun dining choices but do rent a car. This island is not like others in the Caribbean where you want to sit and do nothing at your hotel. It is a lively and vibrant island with architecture to see, great night life, culture, museums, far off beaches and more. For tourists, its pretty safe to go out and about at night exercising caution as with any island. It is really like Miami (to me) in many regards with strip malls and so forth. CUR is not my cup of tea but some love it.