We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott shall we All inclusive or not?

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Marriott shall we All inclusive or not?

Hi

We are likely to book a week staying at the Marriott Beach Resort in August based on the generally positive reviews on TA but the one remaining question is whether to do the all inclusive package or pay as you go.

The cost of the AI is an extra $215 per day for both of us ($108 each).

Can anyone comment on what the approx price of the following necessities will be:

1. pina colada

2. beer

3. hamburger and fries or similar for lunch

4. steak dinner / standard entree.

All opinions gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott shall we All inclusive or not?

We have never stayed at the Marriott. I'm not sure if your list of prices is for that hotel or the island. I do know that you can eat at most restauranrs for that price quoted per day just about anywhere on the island . Would never do A/I in Curacao, there are a lot of fantastic places to eat from moderate priced to expensive. But you need to rent a car. If you are planning to stay and purchase meals seperately at the hotel, then A/I would be cheaper. Hope that helps. I'm sure more people who have stayed there will jump in.

Yorktown Hts, NY
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott shall we All inclusive or not?

Andy,

Got my receipts...here's the scoop:

Pina colada $7.25

Beer (not sure but margarita was $7.25 too)

Hamburger/fries $12.00

Steak dinner $25-$27.50

Tell them to make the drinks strong. They did for us :)

1)Order lunch and drinks on beach from MinguelAnthony (Anthony). He is the nicest guy and so happy. He was a joy to have around and easy to understand why he's always so happy, it's so beautiful there.

For some reason, the burgers were "the best I've ever tasted" as quoted by my husband. Something about that salty water and burgers way too good.

2)We did not rent a car and wanted to get on the mealplan but couldn't. Our room was using points and they would not give it to us a an option. Most meals we had were on property. We found the food choices were limited. I loved the Chicken Ceasar Salad from Portofino's.

People are wonderful. You will have an amazing time. My new favorite island by far.

If you sit on the beach, and order drink tell Anthony Julie say's hi, I celebrated my birthday on the island, it was the best I've ever had. Hope to repeat it again someday...

Yorktown Hts, NY
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott shall we All inclusive or not?

Andy,

Not sure what I was thinking, MinguelAngelo (Angelo) not Anthony is the main dude for drinks etc...on the beach. Not sure how I could have mixed it up, must need to get back there immediately!

Pls do send my regards....

Julie

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott shall we All inclusive or not?

Rent a car buy your own mix your own in the room hit beach.... In that order... AI will cause you to stay at the hotel... too much to experience and miss if you atay at the hotel.

Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott shall we All inclusive or not?

Agreed- rent a car; see all the island has to offer, plus all the great dining options within a short drive (Willemstad is minutes from the Marriott). Buy liquor at duty-free before your flight, and beer at the Centrum (also minutes away) once you arrive.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
19 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott shall we All inclusive or not?

My husband and I stayed at this Marriott 4 yrs. ago and we are booked again this Nov. 3rd for a week using Marriott Rewards points. Last time we were given a food all-inclusive option upon ckin.....we chose the 4 day breakfast/dinner meal plan. We did lunch a-la-carte either at the pool side restaurant or off site since we were touring at times by car. For the 3 days we did not use the meal plan, we stocked our room mini fridge with stuff for breakfast from the supermarket up the road, and ate dinner at other locations. this meal plan saved us $$ since it was expensive otherwide. i can't recall exactly what we paid and i am sure it has changed in 4 yrs. but ask about the meal plan when you ck in....

one thing to know...we stayed in a terrace suite last time, and the m ini fridge was already in the suite...if you are staying in a regular room, as we will be on the next trip, the room does not come with the mini fridge...but you can request one at no charge...this is what I read on one of the recent tripadvisor reviews....I just sent a letter to the hotel requesting the mini fridge and preferred room location...ask to be on the west side of the resort on the inner courtyard facing the spa...you will get the ocean views and not have to pay for an upgrade if you are booked in a standard room.

You will love this resort. it is so much nicer than the Hilton next door. Be sure to eat dinner one night at Hook's Hut, which is between the two hotels. Very rustic and excellent food and you can sit at a table on the sand by the water's edge...very romantic...

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,128 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott shall we All inclusive or not?

Caniac, did you email the Marriott about the fridge and room location? If so what address did you use?

Thanks, Laurie

8. Re: Marriott shall we All inclusive or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 05, 2009