We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

please explain in detail.I ma reading awfull bad reviews...

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

That all depends on what your expectations are and what you are looking for.

We were there in July 2007. We had a great time. But it was not the best resort we have ever stayed at by far. They are slowly but surely renovating the resort. Food was good...never went hungry but nothing had a "wow" factor.

Curacao itself is a great island with TONS of things to do and see.

canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

no questions about the island:perfect, my concerns are:

rooms, cleanines,service and the beach. from what i have read so far: I am shocked: like a trip to hel. and my expectations are quite ok. I have visited 98 countries so far, but this time trying to bring an 18 weeks pregrnant wife with me... that's why my concerns...

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

Click on my name and go to my review. There are some pics attached as well.

I is NOT the resort from h*ll. The beach is nice, I spent all my time there and loved it. Snorkeling was fantastic. Service was so-so. They are a different kind of people..very shy and reserved. You have to work at drawing them out. Our room was clean but in great need of renovationg. The bath had been re-done and the shower was HUGE!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

We were at Breezes in Jan. The most impt thing to do is to make sure you are NOT in the Royal Tower. This building resembles an old college dorm -- inclding the loud music until the wee hours. If your pregnant wife values her sleep, you need to be in either the Flamingo or Pelican Building. Now while those buildings have been updated recently, there is no elevator so climbing the stairs may get old after awhile. Also be careful of the food -- the standards for how long soemthing can stay on the buffet are pretty lax... definitely a breeding ground for bacteria. Also, you will learn where to walk and where not to in order to avoid the sewage smells...

If you get a good rate (I would not pay more than 1,400 for 7 days for 2 people), then it is worth it. Otherwise, there are plenty of other places in the Caribbean & Mexico with better beaches & rooms and much better food.

Ontario
Level Contributor
273 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

Hey we were at Breezes Curacao & had a Blast

We were in the Pelican Bldg. very clean quiet in front of the beach. HUGE clean bathroom, very comfortable bed (King size) Great view we were on the 3d floor with the Carosel bar in front. The staff was excellent very polite & helpful very kind people. We went to the Sea Aquarium a must see about a 15 minute walk. We fed the sharks & sea-turtles kissed by the sea-lions great show & Great time. We read the reviews too & were worried but it was very relaxing and a great time had by all.

Happy Holidays Robert

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

hey:

We were at Breezes Curacao in March and loved it!!

Rooms were clean, beach is great---snorkelling fantastic, people friendly, drinks plentiful, and the food was decent at the buffet---excellent at the specialty restaurants (Japanese, Italian, Grill).

We would go back in a heartbeat---oh, thats right---we are going back this winter coming!!

Loved it so much that we have booked again to go---just make sure you request the Flamingo or Pelican wings for rooms.

The towers are quite noisy and do give off a dorm like atmosphere.

You will love Curacao & the Breezes resort.

Go with an open mind!!

Taly

Vermont, USA
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

We are going again in about two weeks for our second trip to this resort. We KNEW about 2 days into last year's holiday that we'd be making plans to return .. without a doubt just a fantastic place.

The food is quite similar to what you find at other vacation buffets ... we are quite adventurous and didn't have any trouble finding plenty of food choices throughout the day.

Our room (oceanfront) offered the most spectacular view from our terrace ... be sure to bring water shoes, since the beach is NOT the fine white sand on most island locations ....

the snorkeling is beyond description!

The trips into town for sight-seeing, shopping and just simply enjoying the views are an absolute must-do!

We found the staff to be very personable, engaged and enthused to ensure that we enjoyed every minute of our time ... they even learned our names, and what our favorite beverage choices were at the "beverage bar" ...

If I were to make my travel choice based only on the entries here .. wow would I have missed a wonderful trip and great value for the vacation!

Hey -- not every place meets what everyone is seeking -- but we have shared our positive experience at the Breezes Curacao with just about anyone who is willing to listen!

Bon Bini!!

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,276 posts
617 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

I agree with OBXBum that it all depends on what your expectations are. Our trip was Nov'05 and we enjoyed our stay, but we were prepared after reading some of the reviews. It wasn't the best resort, but for the price point, it was good. Beyond the resort, we REALLY loved the island, including downtown and especially the aquarium and Snorkeling with the Dolphins which was the highlight of the trip. Hope you enjoy your visit.

ohio
Level Contributor
192 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

What a relief!!! My wife and I just booked our trip to the Breezes last night. This will be our fifth trip to the Caribbean, and I have read really great reviews and some terrible reviews concerning each place we have stayed. I can't wait to get to the Breezes resort (July). Thanks to all of you for your positive responses.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is breezes curacao THAT BAD???

hey:

As I said in my above reply, we loved Breezes Curacao.

But I'm not sure what everyone is talking about---"its good for the price you paid, you get what you pay for, etc".

Again I'm not sure about everyone else but the trip to Breezes Curacao was expensive to us.

We paid just under $2000 Cdn each x 4 for our family.

Now I know going somewhere like Cayman Islands, Antigua, etc would of cost us around $25-2700 each to visit, but then again to go somewhere like to Cuba, Mexico, etc we could of gotten away for around $1100 each.

All I'm saying is Breezes Curacao was not a cheap holiday by any means.

You will love Curacao and Breezes,

Taly