We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes - non-certified scuba diving

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Breezes - non-certified scuba diving

Hi

I am thinking about booking a trip to Breezes Curacao for this coming February. My husband would like to try the scuba-diving. From what I can find on the internet, introductory lesson is included in the all-inclusive. My question is: Since he is not-certified, can he still do the daily scuba dives? I am getting mixes information from my little bit of research.

Thanks!!!

Renee

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Breezes - non-certified scuba diving

Thanks Agent Jim

We have been talking about getting certified for awhile. But we wanted to try it once down south before forking out the money for a full PADI course up here in Canada. My husband already knows he wants to get certified. So, I am just getting my nerve up to try it out. I am a strong swimmer and love to snorkel but not fully sure if I want to scuba (silly fear that I know I can get over if I would just try it). The good thing about trying it at Breezes is that a shore dive is included in the into course so that way I will know if I like it before getting fully certified. I am hesitant to only do a pool lesson (like offered at most resorts) as I don't think it would give me a true picture of what it can be like.

I agree with you though that it may not be the way for everyone to try it. It really depends on the individual.

Toronto
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Breezes - non-certified scuba diving

Try it.. It's fun and if you don't like it, no harm done.. Lots of fish to see by the rocks...

When will you be there in Feb ? I'll be there from Feb 3-17..

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Breezes - non-certified scuba diving

Thanks MyKittycats!

We will be there from Feb 10-17. I am getting very excited :)

I guess we'll see each other down there.

Renee

South Jersey
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Breezes - non-certified scuba diving

Renee---

You can go to Ocean Encounters and have your husband do what is called Discover Dive. He will only be able to dive to 40 feet but it well worth it. I am OW cert; husband is not and was kind of iffy about it. I was his dive buddy and enjoyed every minute of it. Ocean Encounters spends about 45 minutes with you to ensure a safe dive. Plus there will only be you two and maybe another couple. My Husband ended up diving 5 times with discover dive and we had no problem paying for the instructor each time. It was $40 for me and $70 for him. We did shore dives along with boat dives. (Saba dive on friday was the best dive.)

To make it easier you can take the book course before you go and then go get certified down there in beautiful water. My husband now has taken the course and is waiting for our next vacation to get certified in the Caribbean.

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
15. Re: Breezes - non-certified scuba diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 18, 2009