We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raw Vegan fare in Curacao

Which Willemstad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Raw Vegan fare in Curacao

Hello! We are very interested in visiting Curacao next January 2008. My husband and I are both raw vegans and would like to be able to go to an island with a mellow atmosphere, (we're not partyers), good snorkeling, and an array of available organic fruits and vegies.

By all counts, Curacao seems perfect. We've been to Aruba and would like to try something else this time.

Thanks in advance for the wonderful knowledge on this forum!

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
464 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raw Vegan fare in Curacao

Hi shazza007,

I'm happy to see that you are excited about Curacao, it really is a great island!

I'm not vegan, but i am vegetarian. So let me give you some basic info. most restaurant menus have some vegetarian dishes to choose from. Buy fruit and vegetables at the floating market in punda. Curacao is much more scenic than aruba, visit the western part of Curacao, its very tranquil

My mom buys my food at Albert Hein,(a Dutch supermarket chain) there you get the widest variety of vegetarian and vegan products.

but most products require a stovetop or microwava atleast, so if your hotel room is not equipped with a small kitchenette area, it wouldnt be necissary to go to albert hein then.

Well I hope this helps you plan your trip to wonderful Curacao!

Good luck and have fun!

Francis

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Raw Vegan fare in Curacao

thank you francis!

That does help.

We would probably not eat out very much since there is no cooking in our lifestyle! we just needed that market info and a fridge in our room and we're good to go.

Is that market on a boat or something? Hence the name... floating market.

Thanks again.

Rotterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
668 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Raw Vegan fare in Curacao

Shary,

The floating market is just that, boats from Venezuela that tie up in the harbour and sell fresh Fish, Fruits and vegetables.

Benji

4. Re: Raw Vegan fare in Curacao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, September 08, 2009