We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hey Taly

Ontario
Level Contributor
273 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hey Taly

How was it ?? Did your family enjoy?? The weather excellent?? Which building & room were you in??What was great, what was not??Did the kids enjoy??

What times are the buffets, ala catres bars, & carousel bar Open or close???Did hubby get the waterproof neon pink cast?? How were the excursuions?? Dying to know

Rob

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hey Taly

CanadaRob:

Hey buddy:

Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic!!

No worries!!!

The weather was in the high 80 to low 90's. It was stinking hot--LOL. With the tradewinds it was not too bad--the nice breeze made it very relaxing and enjoyable.

We were in the Flamingo Building-----------

The rooms were large, clean, and the beds were not as bad as others have stated. They were comfortable yet firm.

Yes, the toilets were at times a bit of a pain, you needed to hold the button in for about 10-15 seconds until it got going before it would flush properly. For all those who complained about this-----big deal!!

We always had good water pressure and hot water, lots of fresh towels and face cloths daily.

Our room had a king size bed, sofa, table set, large dresser, two night tables, coffee pot and lots of light. Large balcony with table and 2 chairs. The boys had the same but with two double beds.

Food---------------------

Buffet opened at 7 am----so many different choices for breakfast to choose from.

12 noon---lunch started around noon and again there was so much to choose from.

6 pm---supper was served.

Overall the buffet food was great---the made to order pasta was excellent, the omelets were awesome, and the jerk chicken and pork was to die for.

Japanese opened at around 6 pm for dinner---this was out of this world. Starts off with soup and salad, sushi, followed with noodles, vegetables, shrimp, chicken, steak, fish (grouper) and desert, coffee/tea. Don't forget to ask for Saki!!

Pastafaria also opened around 6 pm for dinner---this also was excellent. Several pasta and seafood dishes to choose from, lasagna, steak, chicken, soups, and a great salad bar.

Sunlight Grill---opened around 6 pm---man this was great!! we had steak tenderloin and it was so tender, the ribs were amazing, and the fish was good.

During the day---the buffet, carousel, and beach bar served food.

Carousel and beach bar served basically fast food like fries, hot dogs, burgers, chicken on a bun, chicken nuggets (best I've ever had), kroketten (dutch treat---got to try them!), sausage on buns, hot nachos, and pop corn.

The buffet did have a lot of birds hopping around, I did see the odd one land on top of the buffet, saw staff shooing them away, and it was entertaining to see them try steal bread from that section.

The food was better than most AI we have been to. Excellent with lots to choose from.

I will admit Lee (husband) on our last day was sitting at a table and got pooped on---it was quite funny and everyone around got a chuckle out of it. No one we spoke to cared about this.

Drinks----well they were strong!! lots to choose from. My favourite were the Miami Vice with blue Curacao or the Baby C's. Wine with dinner and they had Irish coffees to relax with after dinner.

Staff----------

where do I start. They were fantastic, friendly, outgoing, and helpful. However---not all would smile and say hello. They would go about their business BUT all you needed to do was say hello first and they would stop, smile, and ask if you needed anything. If staff were busy at the bar stocking it or cleaning, again all you needed to say was excuse me and hello and they were right there.

There were so many activities to do, the snorkelling was out of this world, the dive staff so helpful, amazing how welcome you felt at this resort.

Now having said all of the above------------

Yes there was the odd bit of painting that could be done, a few touch ups here and there. The staff tried to stay on top of hosing down or pressure spraying the walkways to get rid of bird droppings but with so much wild life it was hard at times. So yes you will see some bird droppings here and there on the walkways. The outdoor staff for the gardens worked morning until night to keep things neat and trimmed. The maids did a wonderful job in the rooms and public areas, the food service staff were always willing to get you what you needed----just needed to ask politely.

Entertainment staff did a great job!! the circus staff and the activity staff did a great job with all ages.

Our boys had a fantastic time.

We walked 10 minutes to the Sea Aquarium, bus stop right out front (or you can flag down a bus or taxi) was $1 US per person took us into town for shopping and sightseeing. Zante's beach and bar was right next door and was lively every night, and Mambo beach

was next to it. There is a great little bathingsuit store between the two beaches. Worth checking out these beaches and party spots.

Boys went to the left of the Breezes resort and rented water jet skis and had a outrageous time on them.

Rob-------we are already planning on going back!! Next March or April.

You have nothing to worry about what so ever. I have given you my honest opinion---this resort is great!! A few touch ups here and there and it can move from a weak 4 to a strong 5 plus.

If you have any other questions email me, OK??

Taly

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,295 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hey Taly

Ange, I knew you would have a great time, already planning for 2008.? We are going back in April 2008, and as you know this September. Would you stay somewhere else ?

Laurie

Rotterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
672 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hey Taly

Taly,

Sounds like you had a great time! I suppose the fact that you started planning in 2006 really helped huh? And planning for next time allready? I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Kind regards,

benji

Ontario
Level Contributor
227 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hey Taly

Hi Taly

Glad you had a great a great time!!!! not that I didn't think you would! Makes me smile to read your report and think of the great time we had as well!!! Still wish we were there!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hey Taly

HI everyone:

I was so worried about Breezes and Curacao overall.

What a waste of time worrying.

Curacao was a fabulous island to visit. The people were friendly, the weather fantastic, and it was so safe to wander around sightseeing.

Breezes was a great resort, the staff were awesome.

We are planning on returning to Curacao and Breezes, but it all depends on how GM is doing as my husband works there. Contract year is 2008, we have to see what the future holds.

Thanks everyone for all your support and with answering all my questions.

Taly

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hey Taly

Ralphy57:

Hey:

Curacao was fantastic, just as you said.

We loved it.

I think if we went on our own, husband and I, we would try the Hilton or Marriott. If our son comes with us again with a friend, we'd go AI again to Breezes. Its the only way to go when you have a couple of eating machines with ya. They just did their own thing, ate when they wanted, and met up with us for touring.

So it all depends on the above and how my husbands place of employment is doing. Contract year is 2008---if all goes well we will be back in Curacao for December 2008 or maybe even New Years.

Keep your fingers crossed for us. Keep in touch

Taly

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hey Taly

Hi taly! so you're back! Sounds like you had a great time! Ours at Fantasy island was awesome too... We were pleasantly surprised. Roatan is such an interesting Island. FI with all the wildlife, fantastic snorkeling, docks to fish from etc was just perfect for us. We plan on returning next year!....before Roatan becomes spoiled by too much tourism.....

Rose

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hey Taly

Ratherbefishing:

Hey Rose:

Glad you had a great time.

Was the resort nice?? what about the food?? beach??

Most important: what about the bugs Roatan is famous for?? mosquitos??

Tell me all about it or did you do a hotel write up on tripadvisor?

I can check it out.

Talk to you soon,

Taly (angela)

9. Re: Hey Taly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 29, 2009