We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's near Sea Aquarium Resort?

NY
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What's near Sea Aquarium Resort?

Can anyone offer what's within walking distance from the Sea Aquarium for drinks, dinner, activities, etc? We will have a car, mostly for day trips, but hope to be able to walk to a few places at night from the Sea Aquarium Resort.

Thanks for the help.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's near Sea Aquarium Resort?

Hi, Solas. We stayed at Breezes, which is the next resort down from Sea Aquarium. We visited the Aquarium and the bikini shop at the Sea Aquarium Resort, and, although we were told you could walk between the two it was about a 15 minute walk in that strong sun, so we opted for the shuttle bus. There are 2 bars right inbetween Sea Aquarium and Breezes that have pretty loud nightlife (although I did not go to either one) and the Sea Aquarium itself has all of its events posted there for the week. I did not notice or hear of anyone doing a lot of walking to/from the hotels for trips either at day or night. Hope you have a wonderful vacation!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's near Sea Aquarium Resort?

4Bakes:

Hi again:

Can you tell me a little about the bikini shop you visited??

What types of bathing suits did they offer, brands, good quality???

what were the prices like???

I like to purchase one swimsuit from each island I visit as a souvenior for moi !!

Thanks,

Taly

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's near Sea Aquarium Resort?

Hi, Taly. Regarding the Bikini Shop at the SeaAquarium: tons of very different styles there -- with stones, gems, glitter, etc. on them; and different color combos (browns/teals; pink/black/white; etc.) and separate surongs and coverups. Expensive though. Then, in town (Punda) we went to other bikini stores (can't remember any names -- sorry!) where they had "mix and match" where you could buy a different size top than bottom (as long as they had the 2 matching pieces) and the prices were a little less expensive, but still a very good selection. Again, I saw prices from $150 - $250 per bikini). Happy Shopping!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's near Sea Aquarium Resort?

4Bakes

OUCH----they are quite pricey!!

Picked up a real nice one in the DR in February past and I thought that was bad at $70 US---LOL.

Thanks again,

Taly

5. Re: What's near Sea Aquarium Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, August 23, 2009