We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue bay hotels vs floris suite hotel

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
Level Contributor
96 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Blue bay hotels vs floris suite hotel

Hello all :)

I am looking into vacationing in Curacao this coming fall... I think I have pretty much narrowed it down to these two hotels, they both look nice, provide a kitchen (which is a must for me), and are about the same price. Which one would you say is a better choice? Thanks in advance for any input, it's much appreciated !

Donna

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue bay hotels vs floris suite hotel

Hi Donna,

The "hotels" at Blue Bay are actually privately owned appartments that owners contract with Blue Bay to manage and operate as a hotel. Blue Bay is a gated residential community with 24/7 security and many amenities to include the semi-private beach, several pools,18 hole golf course, tennis, restaurant, bars, bakery, dive shop, beach shop, and kids club. There are 4 different locations and options for each with their own price points; The Oceans, The Hill, The Gardens, and The Villages. We own one of the 2BR units at The Hill, which has ocean and golf course views, which we love. The Oceans are three buildings of luxury apartments right next to the beach with balconies directly overlooking the sea. The Hill has two buildings, each with 24 appartments total on four floors. It is about 1/4 mile from the beach (we always drive given the heat and stuff to carry). On the higher 3 floors you get a large balcony overlooking a distant sea, and the golf course view plus being at a high point of the resort, you see a panorama of the hills and island...cool at night with all the lights. Both the Ocean and Hill units have full kitchens and are very spacious...2BRs at The Hill are 1410 sq ft. The Gardens are a series of about 30 single or duplex units, first row on the golf course, others overlooking the pool and gardens. The living area has open walls that open up to make it like a large patio, which with its low location and abundant foliage I think would get mighty buggy, but haven't stayed there so only speculation. The Villages are a cluster of about 52 older villa style homes, some singles and some up-down duplexes. No views to speak of other than lush gardening and a few around the pool. That's Blue Bay in a nutshell...see the website Bluebay-curaçao.com for pictures.

As far as Floris, we've not stayed there, but it has one of our favorite restaurants, Sjalotte, so we go there often. More of a two story hotel type setting with rows of rooms surrounded by lush gardens, some overlooking the very pretty pool. It is landlocked, so no views of the ocean, and their two beaches are about 1/2 mile away. One is a lively public beach at Pirate Bay restaurant and the other is a quieter private beach that is one of the Hilton's beaches.

Happy to answer any more specific Blue Bay question you might have.

Edited: 6:57 pm, July 29, 2014
Montreal
Level Contributor
96 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue bay hotels vs floris suite hotel

Hi Jeff

Thanks so much for the detailed info on blue bay :)

Donna

3. Re: Blue bay hotels vs floris suite hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 15, 2015