We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodge Kura Hulanda

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Curacao
Level Contributor
840 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lodge Kura Hulanda

The pool is now open, jump in :)

Lodge opens today, Hotel soon.

email; ashanty.sabina@ghlhoteles.com

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodge Kura Hulanda

Any other news about the hotel in town??

Curacao
Level Contributor
840 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodge Kura Hulanda

The Museum is open. I'll be nearby on Tuesday evening for a Jazz concert. If we walk around, I can check but perhaps there are others in town who know.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodge Kura Hulanda

Has anybody visited the Kura Hulanda Lodge recently? Is this an all-inclusive resort? Thanks.

Curacao
Level Contributor
840 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodge Kura Hulanda

curacaochronicle.com/tourism/…

Hotel Kura Hulanda opens this week.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodge Kura Hulanda

We're staying at the Lodge Kura Hulanda right now (just finished dinner in the restaurant). We are staying all inclusive through Sunwing Vacations.

Since it's just recently re-opened under new ownership, the resort is almost empty. This is very good for us as with so few guests, they haven't opened the buffet. All meals are ordered a la carte, prepared individually, and have been nothing short of excellent. My wife ordered the beef tenderloin this evening, and it was at least as good as a good steakhouse back home.

We have zero complaints.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodge Kura Hulanda

Thanks for reporting in. We're heading there in less than 3 weeks and I'm getting quite excited! Great to hear the food is up to snuff. Any other high points? How is the snorkelling at the beach?

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodge Kura Hulanda

We're staying in one of the one bedroom ocean view terrace suites. The ONLY issue we've had, is that there is supposed to be free wifi in your unit, but ours hasn't worked. There is free wifi in the reception, in the restaurant,bar, and poolside.

The staff have been terrific! Ivory, Vanessa, Shomiely, and Nahira in the restaurant are very friendly, and look to see how they can help with anything. For our infant daughter, they give us cartons of milk for her bottles everyday, so that we can take them back to our room for more convenient bottle time. We've never had food this good at an all-inclusive.

The snorkelling at the beach is good, lots of fish and shallow coral formations. The broken bits of coral wash up on the beach, so bringing water shoes, or fins with boots will make that easier. I just go barefoot, and don't have a problem, but I walk carefully. There are sandy sections, so not to worry.

The dive shop (Go West Diving) is probably the neatest, most organized dive shop I've ever seen. The owner, Bryan, runs a terrific PADI 5-Star operation. You can do fantastic shore dives as well as boat dives. The reef here is very nice.

If you are looking for nightlife on holiday, this isn't the resort for you. If you are looking for a nice, relaxing getaway in 29 degree Celsius weather, with good diving and snorkelling, you should enjoy yourself.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodge Kura Hulanda

Your positive reviews of the resort under new management swayed us to stay at Kura Hulanda Lodge instead of another hotel. We're heading there from Toronto with Sunwing on March 2. Very much looking forward to it. Any pointers for someone staying there? (we've been to Curacao twice before on one-day visits from a cruise ship, so we're familiar with the general lay of the land, as we rented a car both times) I hear there's a cute place called Sol Food nearby Kura Hulanda that's supposed to be good.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lodge Kura Hulanda

I thought they were both shut down, both Westpunt and Otrabanda. I'd be delighted if that's not the case. Please send details, OK?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Lodge Kura Hulanda

Hi Moonburn 2014 My husband and I are looking at a Sunwing package to this resort. How varied is your all inclusive menu? For example how many entree choices at dinner? Are your drinks included and what time do the bars close? We are confused because the Sunwing site calls this package almost all inclusive. Is this the package you are on, if so what does it include? Thanks