We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drambuie in the liquor stores?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Drambuie in the liquor stores?

Correct me if I'm wrong but in Curacao you buy your liquor at grocery stores and not dedicated liquor stores? Does anyone know if Drambuie is commonly found in stores on the island or should I bring a bottle of my own?

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drambuie in the liquor stores?

Most grocery stores have a large selection of spirits, wines and beers so you probably wont have to go to a dedicated liquor store. However the grocery store may not sell all spirits.

Licores Maduro is more dedicated liquor store in the centre of the island where you can buy Drambuie although I would think that Centrum also sells it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drambuie in the liquor stores?

Sounds like a good idea.

Think I'll go pour one on the rocks.

Thanks for the good idea.

Rotterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
669 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drambuie in the liquor stores?

MARCandSUE,

The larger grocery stores have Drambuie in stock, so it shouldn't be a problem. If it so happens that for some reason they're out of it when you're there, you can also go to the importer; Licores Maduro's retail outlet, as Curtraveller suggested.

Benji

Ottawa
Level Contributor
358 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drambuie in the liquor stores?

Awesome...one less thing to pack! Thanks all.

5. Re: Drambuie in the liquor stores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 11, 2014