We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Curaçao for our first visit?

Marietta...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay in Curaçao for our first visit?

We would like to rent a villa while staying in Curaçao but we are not sure where would be the best area. We like to snorkel and we love beautiful beaches. We will eat in most of the time but for dinner we will go out. We also would like to do a bit of shopping and taking in some of the culture. We don't mind driving 15 or so minutes to get to the main attractions but don't want to be too far out. Can anyone suggest a good area to rent a villa ? Also we need suggestions for car rentals and where are the best beaches for snorkeling? Thanks!

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Curaçao for our first visit?

http://www.apartmentscuracao.com/en/index.php

On above mentioned website you can find several villas and apartments.

I would suggest the Julianadorp, Sint Michiel, Blue bay area (also close to the airport). That way you will be quick on the western side where you have the nicest beaches and you will also be very close to Willemstad where you can shop and find great restaurants and museums.

Some good beaches for snorkling are Cas abou, Portomarie, Daaibooi

Marietta...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Curaçao for our first visit?

Thank you! I will definitely check out the site you posted. Also thanks for the beach tips.

Clearwater, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Curaçao for our first visit?

Having recently purchased a villa in Westpunt, I am very prejudiced. However, regarding your inquiries, let me suggest Westpunt - the far west end. It is out of the city and very picturesque. Several beaches are at this end including Playa Abou, Playa Grande, Playa Lagoon, Playa Jerimi, Playa Lagoon, and Playa Santa Cruz. If you want luxury, Kura Hurlanda is best. If you want to cook and see beautiful sunsets, Marazul Dive Resort (we purchased E2). You can snorkle at the bottom of the bluffs where each resort is located. Rent a car at the airport, stop at the grocery store on your way to Westpunt, and forget the day and date after two days on the island.

Regards,

Phil

Clearwater, Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Curaçao for our first visit?

Check Marazul on Trip Advisor. It is rated very highly.

Marietta...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Curaçao for our first visit?

We found a villa on VRBO that we like, it's # 170247ha. Has anyone ever stayed in this villa or know the area it is located in?

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Curaçao for our first visit?

Hi Bixa, the villa is in a small fishermans village called Boca Sami/Sint Michiel. Its in the area which I recommended. Very central and close to the nice beaches on the west side and also to Willemstad. Also a few big groceries are nearby.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
227 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Curaçao for our first visit?

you can also look on vacation rentals here on tripadvisor and www.dreamrentalscuracao.nl is a nice one too.

Marietta...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Curaçao for our first visit?

Thanks Curtraveller, and everyone else who responded, We are trying to confirm the villa availability that we asked about. Thank you for the positive feedback about the area. I am sure we will have more questions as we go, as this will be our first time to visit Curacao. We are very excited!

9. Re: Where to stay in Curaçao for our first visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 03, 2014