We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eateries near The Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club

Iowa
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eateries near The Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club

I've heard that restaurants are sparse out there (Westpunt). I'm considering a few days at The Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club.

I've read about a place called Sol Food...is that far from The Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club?

Any other places to get a big meal in that area?

thanks.

Curacao
Level Contributor
883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eateries near The Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club

There are a few places in Westpunt.

You can eat at the Lodge. On Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday they also serve "meat on a stick" on the beach. We (Sol Food) are a half mile walk down the street. Jaanchies serves local dishes and Misje has a wonderful menu and an extensive wine list. Rancho Sobrino has a mixture of different dishes, reasonably priced.

5 miles away in Lagun are 2 small places, a place in Soto and in the opposite direction a few smaller places in Barber.

Doketstuin is just past Barber and has local dishes for lunch.

Daniels is about a 20 minute drive and The Broef Frau (spelling?) is just past there.

In Coral estates you can eat the new Karacter and L'Eterneu is across from the entrance to Cas Abou.

There is beach food at Playa Kalki, Lagun, Cas Abou, Porto Marie and Daibooi.

It is over a half hour drive to get to Willemstad and a plethora of restaurants.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eateries near The Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club

Sol Food is fri-sun I think. Jaanchi's is cool. Rancho El Sobrino.

Iowa
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Eateries near The Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club

Hi Sunshine. I didn't know that you were Sol's Sunshine. See you in few months.

What do you consider beach food? Hotdogs and chips?

How far would Rancho El Sobrino be from Lodge Kura Hulanda?

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,390 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eateries near The Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club

iowa, no hotdog and chips, sample some local fare,bitterballen,frickendal(sp)

Curacao
Level Contributor
883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eateries near The Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club

I think Porto Marie has the best lunch for "beach food". You'll be able to get french fries everywhere, with fried Dutch items, tostis (grilled cheese sandwiches) and burgers at the beaches with facilities. You won't go hungry. Kudos for deciding to stay out West.

Iowa
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Eateries near The Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club

I'm trying to stay in 3 different places so I have a chance to experience as much as I can. Maybe on my next trip I will spend more time in just one area.

7. Re: Eateries near The Lodge Kura Hulanda and Beach Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, December 16, 2013