We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

D&D Car Rental

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
D&D Car Rental

We just returned from our week long trip and we rented with D&D Car Rental. I had seen quite a few questions in posts before we left so I will post a quick review.

First they are a local company. We rented a mid size with them. The cost was slightly higher than the cheapest economy size car, but it also included the CDW and was much cheaper than the cheapest national chain midsize. They picked us up at the airport, drove us to the Renaissance hotel in our rental car. They will also give you a free cell phone to use if you request it. The car was a new Yaris, in great shape, it drove great and got great mileage.

Unlike a previous local rental car company we used on another island, D&D had all the paperwork and insurance in the glove box.

At the end of the trip they picked us up at the hotel and dropped us at the airport.

It was by far the most simple rental I have ever had. The driver was very nice, and the transaction was quick and easy. And the pickup and drop off service was very convenient.

I highly recommend D&D and will definitely use them again if we go back.

Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: D&D Car Rental

Hi, TJ22:

If you don't mind, how much did they charge for a Yaris for a week, bottom line ? That would be really helpful...

Thanks !

Edited: 6:13 am, November 15, 2011
Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: D&D Car Rental

i don't think we are allowed to post that information here.

Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: D&D Car Rental

I'm not aware of any issue with discussing costs- we do it all the time. I read in an older post where someone said they paid $177.00 US for a mid-size for a week from D&D, all inclusive, which is a very good price. I usually pay between $225-250 a week for a Toyota Yaris or a Kia Rio, from one of the big agencies. Just two of us, so that's all we need...

Edited: 10:00 am, November 15, 2011
Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: D&D Car Rental

$250 including CDW for a week.

Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: D&D Car Rental

Thanks, TJ22:

That’s not a bad price, since it included a cellphone for the week.

One thing I really dislike about the major agencies is the routinely long processing times. I’ve used Avis, National, and Budget, and usually wait 30-45 minutes until I’m driving away. And if a KLM 747 landed right before my flight, then even longer. The drop-off can take just as long.

If D&D can eliminate THAT from the equation, I’m interested !!

Regards,

JRN 58

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
144 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: D&D Car Rental

We will be in Curacao in a week and have rented a car with D&D,so I will post a review after.

Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
233 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: D&D Car Rental

They did eliminate it. He met me at the gate and we walked to the car. Thats it. Also do not forget the CDW was included.

NC
Level Contributor
342 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: D&D Car Rental

Am interested in D&D rental too. We will be there for a week in January and that process sounds great. Was in Curacao in July, rental car process took forever...and our plane was late to begin with. Driving at night from the airport to our hotel (which was Hotel Kura Hulando in downtown Wilemstad) was quite a challenge, especially having to change gears which we weren't familiar with. Does anyone have the website or email address for D&D rental?

Sorry but what is a CDW? and does the cell phone allow you to call the US free or just island calls?

Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: D&D Car Rental

CDW is a Collision Damage Waiver. Covers you in the event of an accident. But every company varies in its fine print. My American Express card normally covers me, but with D&D it's apparently included.

I would suspect the cell phone is local coverage only, but that's still a great thing to have, in case you have car trouble, etc.

NC
Level Contributor
342 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: D&D Car Rental

Thanks...and good point on the cell phone and car trouble.

Get answers to your questions about Curacao