We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prins Car Rental

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
69 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Prins Car Rental

I just returned from a trip to Curacao. I reviewed the Hyatt under the hotel section but I also wanted to make sure I mentioned the great service I received from Prins Car Rental. Thanks to another review on tripadvisor I booked a car here and the service was outstanding. If you are looking to rent a car while in Curacao this is a great place. It is family owned and operated. They are prompt, efficient and I couldn't have asked for better service. They also have GPS for just $5 per day and it really came in handy for us. Thanks Edward and Prins Car Rental.

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Scuba Lodge & Suites
Scuba Lodge & Suites
#2 of 32 hotels in Willemstad
BijBlauw
BijBlauw
#4 of 32 hotels in Willemstad
Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prins Car Rental

We visited Curacao in October for two weeks and rented a car at Prins. Itwas wonderful. Very good and clean cars, phantastic service, friendly people, reasonable prices!! Thank you very much Edward!!.

Edited: 4:10 pm, December 16, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prins Car Rental

We recently returned from Curacao. We rented from Prins, and couldn't have asked for better service. Edward picked us up at the airport and drove us to their office. The car was perfect for driving throughout the beautiful island. when we returned the car, he drove us back to the hotel. Thank you, Edward.

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prins Car Rental

We also had a really good experience with this company in the middle of December 2011. They're very small but the service was excellent. The car we picked was very basic and it was came to less than $40 per day including everything except gasoline (gas, by the way, is not, as the guidebooks had suggested, cheap). I wished we had rented a GPS or even better brought our own from home with a card for the Caribbean (I assume one can get such), since we got lost several times and in fact never found two things we were looking for (an Indonesian restaurant, since Ristaffel no longer exists (again, something the guidebooks had wrong), and the Senior liqueur distillery). Street signs could be better in this country.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
258 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prins Car Rental

We just returned from a week in Curacao and we rented a Kia Picanto from Prins. All my questions were promptly answered thru e-mail and I confirmed our reservation a few days before our arrival.

Upon arrival at the airport Alexei was waiting outside for us. He drove us to their office (about 5 minutes away) where we paid, looked the car over, signed the papers and we were off. The car was in great shape, they are very particular about all the door dings and they will note those and check for new ones when you return the car. The cars are non-smoking, eating and drinking. They also do not allow you to park at Mambo beach, apparently there have been issues with damage to cars.

When we returned the car, they looked it over, check the gas, gave me back the credit deposit slip, and drove us back to the airport. Great service, nice to work with, will definitely rent from them again when we return.

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Mambo Beach
Mambo Beach
1,000 Reviews
Curacao
Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prins Car Rental

donnasup, might you do a trip report also instead of a car rental report. I'm sure people would love hearing about your experiences on the island. Good, bad, nice awful, anything would be helpful.

Kralendijk, Bonaire
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prins Car Rental

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon on Curacao and we wanted to highlight several things: Lagun's amazing views, beaches and slow pace, going to the 'The Movies' (http://www.themoviescuracao.com/), and having a clean and efficient car from Prins Car Rental (http://www.prinscarrental.com/) with which to explore Willemstad (about an hour from Lagun). Everything about Prin's was clear, professional, and we couldn't have asked for a better car (Kia Picanto) or better service.

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
258 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prins Car Rental

Absolutely, I'm in the process of doing some individual reviews and then I'll do a complete review of our trip----we had a great time and I'd love to share it! Thanks

Schaumburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
258 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prins Car Rental

Absolutely, I'm in the process of doing some individual reviews and then I'll do a complete review of our trip----we had a great time and I'd love to share it! Thanks

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prins Car Rental

Thanks donnasup, I have read your other reviews and enjoyed them,.sounds like you had a good time. Too many posters are concentrating on car rental posts, makes me think they are being asked by the company to post a review, and these posters are mostly one time posters. There aren't too many trip reports being posted here, meaning island reviews. They are helpful to future travelers. Thanks again.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prins Car Rental

Prins is fantastic. Their rates were lower than the traditional US brands (National, Budget, etc), which was our first draw to them. They respond promptly and professionally to each of our emails and concerns. They met us at the airport, picked us up and made the rental process nice and smooth, no hassles at all. We brought the car full of sand and a bit muddy, but they didn't seem to mind at all - no extra charges for anything. The business is family owned, family run. Prins helped ensure that our vacation was a fantastic, low-stress one. When we return to Curacao we will most certainly return our business to Prins. Highly recommended.

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean