We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Curacao
Search

Rent Harley Davidson-Breezes-Roads okay?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Rent Harley Davidson-Breezes-Roads okay?
Save

We will be at Breezes in Curacao in Feb. My husband and I would like to explore the beaches in the west of the island. Looking at mainly Knip, Abao,Lagun. I was going to rent a car but am considering suprising my husband with a Harley for the day instead. He is an experienced Harley driver (has his own at home) but I am concerned about the roads getting to the beaches- are they accessable by bike? He really misses his Harley come February in Ontario. Any advice???

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Rent Harley Davidson-Breezes-Roads okay?
Save

Last time I was in Curacao, I saw many locals with Harley Davidson motorcycles, in fact I have not seen any other caribbean island with so many Harley´s. So yes, the roads are fine.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
2. Re: Rent Harley Davidson-Breezes-Roads okay?
Save

Several years ago, I/we rented a bike to tour the island from The Bike Shop. Although there is a Harley shop in the island, a Harley was not one of the rental options at the time. They had a BMW and some Johnny Pags.

The roads are fine to travel overall. A bike seat can get VERY hot from sitting out in the sun. So, expect that. If you REALLY want to explore (e.g. get to certain points at the extreme west part of the islandd), be prepared to drive on some dirt roads, some of which have some fairly large pot holes in them, but there is not a lot of that overall. Otherwise, the west side of the island is fairly low traffic, so it makes for fairly nice, relaxing riding.

Hope this is helpful. Enjoy your trip.

3. Re: Rent Harley Davidson-Breezes-Roads okay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 17, 2011