We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 3-11 Breezes

rochester
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
March 3-11 Breezes

Anyone else going during that time. We will have four in our group and just wondering if anyone else that reads these posts will be there? I'm so excited, its getting so close now.

winnie

Salt Lake City
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: March 3-11 Breezes

If you can get your money back, do so. We just returned and this is the worst resort we have ever seen. The room smelled like urine and mildew. Many of the resorts equipment were broken or worn out. The folks running the place are not interested in helping. There is a great marriott on the island. Save yoursellf from the vacation from hell and go there instead...

Milwaukee, Wi
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: March 3-11 Breezes

ddimples

Stay excited, it's a nice place. We were there 2 years ago March and we are going again March 21-30, 2006. We can't wait. We had a great time and we know we will again.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
340 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March 3-11 Breezes

We stayed there Nov. 6 thru the 13th and had no problems at all. We were in the last building and felt the rooms were excellent. It is not the Taj Mahal but it is fine for the price. In the last 10 years we've been to Punta Cana twice, Hawaii, Cozumel, St. Kitts, Jamaica, Las Vegas (many times)so I can say we have some experience.

rochester
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: March 3-11 Breezes

Thank you for the information, I have read so much about the island and the resort my head is spinning. I just can't stop thou, every time I see something new I have to read it.

Milwaukee, Wi
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: March 3-11 Breezes

ddimples

You will have a great time. I must say if you can ask for the 7000 or 8000 buildings do so, if you don't want to be right in the middle of all the noise and action. They are the last 2 buildings and it's nice to be able to get away for the quiet if you want. We were in the 7000 building and they were more than happy to change us from the tower. I don't leave until March 21st and I'm like you, reading the reviews every chance I get. I have been there and know what it's like so the negative reviews don't bother me anymore, and the positive ones make me want to go sooner. Have a great time and make sure to write a review when you get back.

rochester
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: March 3-11 Breezes

Cessna

We were looking into the pelican or flamingo buildings, because of all the things we have read about the towers and the noise. We also liked the fact that those two buildings are so close a pool and bar. After watching the DVD I received, I want to go now. Have a great trip yourself.

toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: March 3-11 Breezes

You'll love it. Just got back today. People need to seriuosly take pins out of their butts. We have heard so much stuff like you but when we went it was fine. No hot water when we got there. Next morning absolutely fine. Patience. It's the caribbean ... so nothing is perfect like Canada or the States. Those mildew rooms, yes they exist but make sure you ask for oceanview or just change rooms. Act fast though when you get to your hotel. Carry on your bikin's cause luggage comes after you arrive so dont waste time sitting around. Towels are given there. If your young 20-30 you will love room 2103 or that building. But if your older then rooms 7000 8000 are for you......NO ACTION AT ALL.

harrisburg pa
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: March 3-11 Breezes

Don't go. The only way I would ever return to this resort is in a coffin. This place is dirty, smells like a sewer, and has the worst customer service anywhere. Get your money back...

I know the reviews are mixed, but believe me. I never complaint about a resort before. This place is the worst...

rochester
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: March 3-11 Breezes

I just love reading all of the different information here!!!!! The group I am going with,have decided and we have sent our payment in so we are on our way in March. All of us are very laid back when it comes to the caribbean way of life. BUT if our room smells of urine or if it has a musty oder that just can not be. We would have to mention it to the staff. If we see rats, it wouldn't be the best part of our trip, but as someone else has mentioned if people would pick up after themselves they might not be there. I am just looking forward to getting away from this New York weather and start enjoying the hot sun.

We went to St. Lucia in 2004 and it was the same thing with the bad stories. We were on the phone with our agent almost every week. There were alot of stories about the birds in the food, which atone place it was like that. They only got into the dirty plates before they were taken away. Another place had a screen up so the birds could not enter.

I hope everyone going this year the best vacation, and maybe I will see someone there that posts on here.

Thank you to everyone that has shared information wt

10. Re: March 3-11 Breezes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:50 am, November 29, 2007