We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avila - Help with room selection

Michigan
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Topic
Avila – Help with room selection

The wife and I are booked for the Christmas season at the Avila. I’ve reserved a Deluxe Room (Octagon). I could use TA member help on room selection.

We would like a first-floor room with walk-out to the beach and/or pool.

Should we change from the Octagon? Is there a specific room or section we should request?

Mentioned in this post
Avila Beach Hotel
Avila Beach Hotel
1,440 Reviews
Curacao
Scuba Lodge & Suites
Scuba Lodge & Suites
#2 of 32 hotels in Willemstad
BijBlauw
BijBlauw
#4 of 32 hotels in Willemstad
2 replies to this topic
IL
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avila – Help with room selection

We are staying at Octagon deluxe room across from Octagon museum with a partial ocean view. I would not choose a first floor room as it is less private. The first floor room leading to the pool has no private balcony. If only two of you are staying, the blue rooms might be more appealing.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avila – Help with room selection

The Octagon Deluxe on the ground floor offers the opportunity to access the pool deck directly from your terrace. Room number 114 and 115 are closest to the pool on the ground floor. There is indeed less privacy but this is as close you can get to the pool area. Perhaps this gives you a better pictures of the two particular rooms and their terraces: https://wlk.im/ZqwRha

Edited: 12:19 pm, June 14, 2018
Reply to: Avila – Help with room selection
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;