We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips

british columbia
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Tips

There seems to be different views on here about tips. Do most of you do peso tips or small gifts from home tips?

1. Re: Tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:13 am, January 13, 2014
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips

Hola mex..,that is a very nicely worded question,as the tipping /gifting on this forum can,and does get quite heated at times. Tipping in pesos ( CUC ) is really the best way to go. They can then buy whatever it is that they actually need. The amount to tip is entirely up to you, but a few pesos here and there will definitely be appreciated .

3. Re: Tips

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:28 am, January 13, 2014
Edited: 10:28 am, January 13, 2014
4. Re: Tips

5. Re: Tips

Edited: 10:28 am, January 13, 2014
vancouver
Level Contributor
255 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips

we have spoken to staff at some cuban resorts and they have told us about their closets full of canadian t-shirts and cupboards of soaps. my rule of thumb has been if i bring items to give away, that they are on top of the tip, but not the tip itself. for me... presents should be presents.

i like the song, cubanwaters!! i thought it was going to be "money can't buy me love"... but you picked an even better one!

british columbia
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips

Thanks. I usually tip and give small items together in Mexico. Was just curious.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tips

mexifamily, just tip in CUC. If you're still unsure simply put "tips" or "gifting" into the search feature and you'll get about 1,000,000,000 replies. ;-)

Thanks for the chuckle, CW...

Cheers,

Terry

Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,090 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tips

CUC's all the way ..........

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tips

fifi...presents should be presents. Agreed but only to those that are your friends that you have made by traveling numerous times to the location. A "present" on top of the tip to the maid, gardner, barman, etc is still a gift. If those I've mentioned are true friends then go for it, however a "true friend" would likely never ask you to bring them something. JMO

Cheers