We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

We have just returned from 2 great weeks at this hotel. Review coming shortly. Please feel free to ask any questions!

Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

Hi,

Any signs of this dreaded bug still around that we've been reading of?!

2. Re: Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:00 am, October 13, 2013
Sheffield
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

We didn't read anything about a bug beforehand, and I did plenty of research too however we did experience a tummy upset during the middle of our 2 weeks. We couldn't decide whether this was down to the Mediterranean ala carte restaurant (seafood) or the pool snack bar (lots of birds/flies/people wet from pool) however we did not let it ruin our break. The main buffet restaurant is excellent too.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

Was there a lot of people smoking in the restaurants or in the theatre? I am a non-smoker but hubby wanted to go to Cuba as cigars are his thing. I am a bit worried that I will be smoked out.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
977 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

know one can smoke in the restaurants so dont worry about that

west midlands
Level Contributor
171 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

Hi great to hear you had a lovely holiday. Can you tell us if there is a cash machine in the hotel? Many thanks mop.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

Hi, sorry for the delay. @Tanya M - No smoking in the restaurants. smoking is allowed in the lobby and theatre however they are all open air so you wont be smoked out. Some tables also have a no smoking sign on too. There is a cigar bar - which is an air-conned small bar, however this can be a little smoky because its quite a small room.

@MopWestMidlands - there isnt a cash machine onsite (not that I saw) however if you take £'s then you can change money at the reception desk.

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

I'm debating to go Oct 12-16, and forecast is showing chance of rain. How was the weather during your vacation?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
28 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

@Xenia - Dont listen / watch the forecasts. I was glued to them before we went (17th sept - 1st oct) and all they said was rain/thunderstorms. We experienced x 2 cloudy days when we first arrived (but still got sunburnt) and the rest of the time it was blue skies and sunny! The clouds would come over about 5pm ish and we had a few storms at night but apart from that, great weather. Its very humid too. I think we had one shower during an afternoon, but it lasted about 20 mins then was all clear again.

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Varadero - just returned!

That's great! I mean, I wouldn't mind a few showers, just as long as I'll have at least a day or two of sunshine :) Thanks for your comment! I needed some reassurance.