We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olotel.com

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Olotel.com

I just tried purchasing a stay thru Olotels.com My card was denied on the site, but actually is processing with my card holder. Has anyone been charged, but did not receive their hotel stay. I'm seeing very bad reviews and some reviews that seemed a little on the sketchy side, but turned out ok? Wondering if I should continue to pursue using olotel.com. I don't want to be charged or even double charged if I try again and still not have a place to stay. Thank you

Marchwiel, United...
Level Contributor
560 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olotel.com

Did you use a credit card to book or a debit card? If its with a credit card you should be protected for any purchases over £100, I know from your post your in Seattle so I'm assuming it should be the same rules in the United States. But if you're worried call your card holder and ask them to cancel the payment if it hasn't already gone through. Best of luck.

Gregg

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olotel.com

Thank you Greg,

I did use a credit card, Thank Goodness. I love the deal, but I'm feeling like it's not worth the risk.

Thank you for your response.

MK~

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olotel.com

I was a victim of an unauthorized transactions on VISA credit card, misused the data from database Olotes.com.

My Visa Card is from Serbia and was misused. I had 7 unauthorized transactions on amounts 30 USD, 20 USD; 60USD, 80 USD, 500 USD, 80 USD, 5 USD....In April 2013 I did a full payment before go to the hotel and left the card number and CCV code on booking.

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!!!

sdkolarevic@sbb.rs

From: customersatisfaction@olotels.com [mailto:customersatisfaction@olotels.com]

Sent: 29. May 2013 22:47

To: sdkolarevic@sbb.rs

Subject: olotels.com

Dear Mrs Sandra Kolarevic,

Thank you for using Olotels.com!

Please note that Olotels.com is using the Thawte Digital Certificate System, which is the standard security technology for creating an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between web server and browser remains private and secure.

Kindly note that olotels.com is offering its entire support towards the situation you are experiencing, so please don't hesitate to contact us.

I hope that my answers have helped you clarify any possible misunderstandings or doubts.

For any support or assistance please call 0044 208 819 7918.

Opening hours:

Monday to Friday from 6:00 to 22:00 (GMT) and 10:00 to 18:00 on weekends.

Best regards,

Claudia Florent

--

Hallo,

This is not misunderstandings!!!!

My card is blocked by Bank and I filled out the questionnaire for unauthorized card use and cyber criminal. The investigation leads to you-Olotels.com…Your staff have sold or stolen data and use for third part.

From Serbia three is 3 different Bank (Raiffeisen Bank , Piraeus Bank, Banca Intesa) confirmed that had been paid by you for hotels of 3 different people and month after payment , cards are use for transactions by the same organization “March of Dimes”

Problem is because some of your staff have sold or stolen data and use it!!!! Off course your technology can be security but you have people-staff who have access to all data base.

All our correspondence I will send to investigators for cyber criminal and my Piraeus Bank

Sandra Kolarevic

Marchwiel, United...
Level Contributor
560 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olotel.com

Sorry what I meant was if a payment is taken and you don't receive the goods you're covered against the loss but from what Sandrak has put I'd be inclined to block your card and check for any suspicious transactions then ask for a new card so the won't be able to use the details again. Such a shame hope you get your money refunded Sandrak.

Marchwiel, United...
Level Contributor
560 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olotel.com

What's worrying is olotels number is a British one, admittedly it could just be a few dodgy members of staff but still worrying. But definitely cancel your card Sandrak and ask your bank to issue you a new card.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olotel.com

Today I received restitution payments from The Organization "March od Dimes".Thank God!

But for site OLOTELS.COM - There is a possibility that has been done the same encrypted applications of site, olotels.com and thus are picked data ... Definitely the abuse occurred and the investigation leading to the Olotels.com. Their technical support has to check the security of site because it is definitely ordered. It is also possible they keep the data ... I do not know really what is what happened but they are involved!!!!

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olotel.com

Of course I'll get a new card, but the problem was to return the money, but luckily with the Bank, I did it. The point is to let people know that it is not safe to leave the data, who knows how many abuses there, My luckiy is that I receive to mobile SMS messages on transactions and so I knew it happened

Edited: 4:22 pm, May 31, 2013
UK
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Olotel.com

Do not use olotels.com EVER. You pay and then 2 weeks later they email and call to say no rooms left so need to relocate. Do not care, horrible, wanted to re locate us to a 2* resort even though we paid for a 4*!! Our family were still booked in and they just kept saying can't do anything just refund you. Jokers. Also to add insult we called the hotel direct and there was rooms left so we had to pay more money and do it direct. Not what you want before a holiday aand stress... So upset..

9. Re: Olotel.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:00 am, August 14, 2013
athens
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Olotel.com

dont ever use olotel.com,this is probably a fake company and they use your card data to make withdrawal from your account,i had the same problem with the lady from serbia