We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to old Havana...

Corner Brook, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Traveling to old Havana...

I would like to travel to old Havana for a day when I get to Cuba... How hard do you think a trip like this would be to organize? And how much would this cost? Thanks Stephanie

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,607 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to old Havana...

Not at all hard. Very easy.

You can arrange a tour through the tour operators in the hotel, or have a private tour (there are a number of tour arrangers who have been mentioned on these boards, such as Pototo and Jorge), or you can catch an intercity bus such as Viazul, and make your own way.

Cost depends on what you do and how you do it. Viazul costs CUC 10 each way.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,339 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to old Havana...

Hey Stephanie

As has been mentioned there are options. Check out the links

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147271-c156379/Hav…

OR

Cubatur Varadero Holiday Planner

Colonial Havana - Visit the most famous city in the Caribbean and the heart of Cuba. This tour covers both the Colonial and modern Havana. Free time for shopping. Lunch included.

Adult 67CUC Child 51CUC

Havana Special - Visit the most famous city in the Caribbean and the heart of Cuba, plus the famous Tropicana show in Cuba. Change of clothes is required. No jeans, sneakers or sandals.

Adult Only 135CUC

Cheers

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to old Havana...

First, how many are going? You can each pay $70-135 depending on which tour and how long you want to stay in Havana....or ask a few cubans around your resort and they will have a friend that will take a car load for $60-100....or rent a car and drive, my fiance and myself did it 2 days in row this january and went to a baseball game in Havana, its very safe just get back by dark if you can.

4. Re: Traveling to old Havana...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 17, 2014