We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be Live Las Morlas, Be live Turquesa or Arenas Doradas

Porto, Portugal
2 posts
Save Topic
Be Live Las Morlas, Be live Turquesa or Arenas Doradas

Hello!

We're a group of 3 women and we have doubts of what hotel to dhoose between this 3.

The location seems nice, but we would like some opinions to choose.

Thank you all!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Be Live Las Morlas, Be live Turquesa or Arenas Doradas

Be Live Turquesa is a nice property. Its quiet but has a great stretch of beach. Was there a number of years ago when it was a Riu property. Atabill a TA member speaks very highly of it. The other 2 properties are much closer to Varadero though.

Cheers

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Be Live Las Morlas, Be live Turquesa or Arenas Doradas

Hi,

It all depends on what you are looking for...quiet, party ..etc..

Anyway, I am extremely biased to the Las Morlas...we have been there 5 times and absolutely love it.

(1) small resort--------143 rooms

(2) right on the beach

(3) swim-up bar

(4) walk into town

(5) great staff and good food

hope this helps...also, check the reviews and ratings.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Be Live Las Morlas, Be live Turquesa or Arenas Doradas

I haven't been, but I have heard that the Arenas Doradas is an excellent hotel for service and such. It was one of two my wife and I decided on for our holiday. We are booking that hotel for the fall.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Be Live Las Morlas, Be live Turquesa or Arenas Doradas

We have been to the Doradas........they make the best Sangria's ever.....nice resort...the rooms were nice....no problems......but spread out and too far from town to walk.

Porto, Portugal
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Be Live Las Morlas, Be live Turquesa or Arenas Doradas

Thank you very much for your help

puritos: you have been at las morlas and arenas doradas. You recommend Las Morlas right?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Be Live Las Morlas, Be live Turquesa or Arenas Doradas

Las Morlas...def. my first choice over the Doradas. You will absolutely love it....one main building with an elevator or stairs...your choice...and, lets say you are on the 4th floor....and you decide to walk to the beach....no kidding...under 5 minutes...thats how close to the beach you are. and they have the best Ron Collins....

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
461 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Be Live Las Morlas, Be live Turquesa or Arenas Doradas

We usually go to Arenas Doradas. Love it there. Friendly staff in all areas. Beautiful beach also. yes it is long not actually spread out. but the rooms near the beach are good and yes you have to walk up to the buffet and lobby etc. I like the walk helps walk off the calories you just took in. there is a swim-up bar alsa the snack bar is right beside the pool so you don't have to walk up if you don't want to. They also have a beach snack place.

Which ever resort you pick it is up to you whether you enjoy it or not really. This one isn't close to town but you can take the hop on-hope off bus for 5 cuc for the day or the little train also.

Hope this helps

8. Re: Be Live Las Morlas, Be live Turquesa or Arenas Doradas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 01, 2014