We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Royal Hicacos

Ottawa,Ont
13 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Royal Hicacos

Just came back from Sandals, it was heaven. This is my third time in Cuba. If you need to know anything about this resort , or renting scooters and going to the town of varadero, or scuba diving or anything just ask.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Sandals Royal Hicacos

mikeeey Thanks for the offer of printing off an e-mail for Maggie. We got an e-mail from Maggie last night and in return we sent one to her. She wanted to tell us that she is back working in the swim up bar. This is a great place for to work, she makes sure the guests as well as fellow workers are having fun. Mike and Claire please give Maggie our love and tell her we will call her before we come on March 11th. Ron and Sam.

Ottawa,Ont
13 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Sandals Royal Hicacos

Snorkeling is good if you go way out , there were a couple of guys at the resort that got some neat stuff. the first 100 feet or so , you dont see much. I would take the free scuba lesson at the resort, they offer it Mon, wed, and fri. morning at 9:30 at the main pool. The best time to do it is monday morning that way you can go all week. There is a dive center right at the resort, and the boat leaves at 10:30 and goes about 2 miles out in front of the resort to an awesome dive spot, about 25- 30 feet, and it is all included with the resort. They have professional underwater photographer that goes with you and takes excellent pictures. We bought the pictures for $50.00 convertible pesos. The guy took 8 pictures of me and my girlfriend , 7 of them are big pictures and the best picture of the two of us (my girlfriend) was blown up to almost poster size, not a bad deal seeing that the dive was free. The guys at the dive center are very good. Sadly , I didnt get to go to the Bay of Pigs, I wont miss that next year, I hear that is a cant miss.

Montreal
8 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Sandals Royal Hicacos

Hi Rico33,

I am going to Royal Hicacos mid April, and had some questions about the scuba diving.

My wife and I are PADI AOW, and have been to Breezes Varadero 5 times in the last 7 years, so we know the local dive sites fairly well. Most were right out in front the resort, but were pretty good dives.

But we have never been to this Sandals, so we wanted to know

Do they offer 2 dives a day for certified divers, like other Beaches and Sandals?

I have heard conflicting stories, most from agents who might be dealing with old brochures.

Do they store your wetsuits for you? Or are you resigned to take them back to your room?

Do they test your skills in the pool, or shallow dive, or at all?

What, and when, do they offer as extra dives.

We would like to go to Bay-of-Pigs, perhaps a wreck.

Sunday would be a great day to dive off-site since I hear they close the diving on that day. Any thoughts?

Any other notes you want to add on the diving, like who to see to make sure everything runs smoothly ;)

Thanks, and welcome back.

Moe