We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tennis courts in varadero.

USA,NJ
Level Contributor
177 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Tennis courts in varadero.

Good evening,

We are planning our first trip to Cuba with our daughter(25, she already spent 2 weeks in Cuba trekking alone, staying in casas) in one of the resort. I am hesitating between #1 and 2, paradisus resort and spa or iberostar varadero. I was surprised to read that none of thse 2 were named as the best in a recent post. Any reason?

I am a tennis enthusiast, does any resort have tennis courts?

At 25, will she have fun there? I've read many were recommending a barcelo, but after reading reviews, I am not convinced. We are a bit older, and we do not want young, drunken crowds to keep us from enjoying peaceful time ...Thanks for any input,

Cordially,

Val.

Edited: 9:52 pm, June 30, 2012
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tennis courts in varadero.

Both resorts offer tennis courts. At 25 will she have fun? well it all depends on the crowd that's there at the time you go. Generally nightlife is not the greatest at the hotels, one generally ventures out of the hotel for better options. You should note that both these properties are a bit far from the downtown core so a taxi will be required. As you had mentioned you don't want a major party atmosphere you can rest assured these properties are the total opposite.

USA,NJ
Level Contributor
177 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tennis courts in varadero.

Good morning,

Thank you so much for the info!

Cordially,

Val.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tennis courts in varadero.

Your Welcome!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tennis courts in varadero.

Barcelo solemar has 2 courts with a tennis pro. My wife had free tennis lessons for a week :-) the pro who I was told to be onetime no. 3 player in Cuba. I took part in a local tennis tournament while there on the insistence of the pro, but my pickup partner from nearby resort and i were beaten badly by the locals.

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
268 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tennis courts in varadero.

We are leaving next week and bringing our tennis rackets.

I am not sure if I should pack my tennis racket in my suitcase or if I can just put it in my tennis bag (with my tennis balls, shoes, etc.) and check the back in as 'Sports equipment' (with Sunwing we are allowed 1 checked sports equipment). Will my racket make it in one piece?

dartmouth ns
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tennis courts in varadero.

I have taken my racquet to Cuba many times. I put it in the bottom of my checked suitcase. it has a hard frame. no probems. yes make sure you take tennis balls.

7. Re: Tennis courts in varadero.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, December 14, 2013