We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orphanages in Cuba

Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
orphanages in Cuba

I had the same question and was looking for some one who can help me and I saw this conversation going on, hope you don't mind me barging in with my questions.I am going to Varadero in the next few days and my plan is to visit orphans. I like to take some souvenir for them, can you give me some ideas please.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: orphanages in Cuba

Have never heard about orphanages in Varadero but never know. I suggest that you check out St. Elvira Church - Calle 1 y Avenida 47....the secretary is at the church between 9 am and 12 noon. If you have donations that would be the place to take them. She will ensure that any and all donations are given to those who need them.

Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: orphanages in Cuba

I meant any where around varadero. It is my first time traveling there.

What kind of items are more useable?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: orphanages in Cuba

There's an orphanage just outside of Varadero in Matanzas, but like almost all facilities with kids (including schools, etc.) they don't usually welcome foreigners just showing up at their door with bags of stuff. At the very least make an appointment in advance if you want to meet the children. Someone at your resort can investigate arranging this for you.

Cheers,

Terry

Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: orphanages in Cuba

Thank you for your advice.

5. Re: orphanages in Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, January 23, 2013