We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House of Rum

BC
Level Contributor
21 posts
House of Rum

Has anyone been to the House of Rum in Varadero. We are staying at the Sirenis la Salina beginning of April. Second time to Cuba but first time to Varadero. My husband loves his Rum and though this might be a fun place to visit.

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: House of Rum

Hola

Reviews and photos here

tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g147275-d13…

Mardi

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
252 reviews
2. Re: House of Rum

I wonder if the prices here are higher than in small street shops...

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
15,084 posts
3. Re: House of Rum

Prices are similar in most of the shops, although some shops in resorts may be higher.

The House of Rum is a good place to do a tasting of a few different rums, if you are serious about it. A tasting is usually not more than ½ ounce of rum (straight, no mix) with about 10 minutes between tastes. As in wines, start with the lightest and move towards the ambers then the dark rums.

ontario
Level Contributor
864 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: House of Rum

I go there a lot :) lol!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lisbon, Samana Province, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
252 reviews
5. Re: House of Rum

Thanks for the info.

I'll be there for sure.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: House of Rum

It really didn't impress me all that much and I found the prices higher than the prices in our resort gift shop. Go for the experience if you like but do shop around before you buy.

BC
Level Contributor
21 posts
7. Re: House of Rum

Will we be able to get to the House of Rum by using the double decker bus that runs all day long?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: House of Rum

Hi there,

Just returned last week and it's out 3rd time there... we always stop in and buy some rhum like Arecha carta de oro that is always available there... We had a hard time finding that one this year. The prices were actually cheaper than some shops but really, there in only 1$ to 2$ per bottle difference... We found Santiago more expensive than at the airport. No biggie! We did a sit down tasting in the little bar and learned a lot. Very interesting! Go and have fun!

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: House of Rum

Wildy

No problem on the bus

Just get off at Cuatro Palmas ... think it is the closest stop.

Mardi

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: House of Rum

I love the house of rum.

I'd like to live at the house of rum.

I want to move there.

S