We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Varadero i March/April

Norway
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Varadero i March/April

Hi!

I am going to Cuba in March next year. The trip is already booked, but after reading all the negative reviews about this hotel I am having second thoughts.. I am aware that a 5-star rating in Cuba is different to one in Scandinavia, however, it would be nice to hear from someone who has stayed at this hotel. Is it really as bad as they say??

I would like to go horsebackriding in Varadero - where should I go?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
296 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Varadero i March/April

We have stayed at the Melia Varadero three or four times - it's a great hotel. No worries. Food is good, rooms are great (ask for an ocean view when you arrive), pools and garden settings are fabulous. The beach has changed since our first visit in 1995 and they have over the years had to dredge in sand but have added lots of umbrellas and have a snack bar on the beach. The hotel is situated beside the Las Americas shopping plaza. You should not be worried about teh hotel - it has everything you need. Go and have a great vacation. We will be next door at teh Sol Palmaras Apr 2-16. Make sure you take the time to walk through to the Sol Palmaras and enjoy the landscaping around all the bungalows -it's beautiful.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Varadero i March/April

hey there - i was just there last summer and got married there and had a great time! they have since done renovations at the hotel, so it might be even better! make sure you eat at the Fuerteventura restaurant and just relax and make the most of your time there!

Norway
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Varadero i March/April

Thank you, we have already booked (and paid extra..) for an ocean view room.