We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

Quebec, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

can someone explain to me really how this work?

thanks

Pat

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

I've never heard of this site before, but our friends in Cuba have always said that short of having someone personally deliver the mail or gifts, DHL is the only reliable service. A lot of these other sites are running a scam, or they use DHL themselves and charge you a premium. We've sent several packages to friend in Matanzas and Cardenas with DHL, and it's always arrived in tact with nothing missing. We've never sent cash, but have sent tattoo needles, clothing, and even a cell phone, and it all arrived.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

That is one strange website and one odd service. After reading through the info on the site I still have little to no idea what they are actually doing. It looks really fishy.

I'd be very curious to know how it turns out if you choose to make use of their services - whatever these services may be :-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

I seem to recall Mardi recommending them as the best way to send mail.Perhaps you could PM him for info.

Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

I did a search and found this

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?scope=2&ff=91&geo=147270&q=mailtocuban+%2B+mardi&returnTo=__2F__&sub-search.x=13&sub-search.y=8

5. Re: send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:59 pm, February 23, 2010
Quebec, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

Thank you, but the thing is where i live there`s not DHL...i think i`ll still have to look around.

thanks for your help.

Patsy

Yoho National Park...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

patsy3086 >> Here is another thread regarding sending mail to Cuba via the site you mention. There are a couple of suggestions from Mardi.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k32985…

Halifax
Level Contributor
418 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

Last time I was in VRA, my 'friend' told me that the postal service has changed down there.. and is now more reliable.. I haven't tried to send anything.. but he said that with it being a difference service now.. it was 100% reliable... dont know if you want to take the plunge to do it..

I usually ask people traveling down there to take stuff.. it's the cheapest way. I called DHL and asked their prices and they told me just a letter would be $144 !!! can u imagine... I'd rather fly down for that price!

NIAGARA FALLS
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

We have mailed several letters (normal mail - Canada Post) to Matanzas in the last year and a half and there has not been a problem. It takes a long time, up to one to two months for a letter to arrive, but it does arrive. We even sent CUC's once and they were received. The Cuban post office is ok, just very slow.

Middlesex
Level Contributor
999 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: send mail to cuba with mailtocuban.com

We have used DHL from the Uk, and everything was perfect, okay it took 3 weeks to arrive, but it got there intact.