We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quieter Resorts in Varadero

Vancouver
Level Contributor
82 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Quieter Resorts in Varadero

I am planning to be in Varadero during the week of February 22 (which is also Reading Break in some parts of Canada).

I want to avoid spending one week with partying students...

Any recommendations for resorts that would appeal more to me and my partner? We are planning to swin, snorkel, read, go to listen to Cuban music...

So far we are considering Breezes Varadero and Oasis Las Morlas but I don't know...

Thanks!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
778 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quieter Resorts in Varadero

Normally the Breezes are mostly middle age couples, but I see on another post that there are a group of early 20's going to party for reading week. But it looks like they are there the week before you.

Maybe search the forums for clues, looking for things such as "going to party", "reading week" or if there is a February RollCall posting, you could read thru to see where everyone is going and if they are students going to party.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,788 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quieter Resorts in Varadero

I’ve stayed at Las Morlas … it is certainly one of the quieter hotels in Varadero. Excellent location, small resort, good food, excellent beach. There are a few posters who are recently returned who are giving it good marks as well.

Las Morlas is not a party resort and it has no disco on site, so it doesn’t appeal to a lot of students.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
82 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quieter Resorts in Varadero

Great Madrugada... and Dargamel (I really like all those imaginary names).

Dargamel is actually the one who recommended Las Morlas and got us interested in the idea. We liked what we read.

I will wait a couple more hours to see if I get further ideas and I will make a reservation.

Amtchim

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
778 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quieter Resorts in Varadero

Madrugada is the one who gave me the idea to try Las Morlas!

5. Re: Quieter Resorts in Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 02, 2010