We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

Montreal
3 posts
Save Topic
Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

A friend and I are planning on going to Varadero in February and are looking at the Blau Varadero Hotel.

We have found a a few deals and most of them are with Sunwing.

This is my first trip down south and not sure what exactly to look for.

Has anyone stayed at the Blau and booked with Sunwing? How are the rooms?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

Hi there,

Never been to the Blau but have travelled several times with Sunwing. Very good service, from the airport here in Montreal to the staff in destination. On flight service, crew, entertainment and aircraft were really great. I worked in the industry many years and although I am not a picky traveller, I notice and enjoy good service :-) Plus their prices and really good! Even their seat selections are cheaper than most charters out there.

One of our friends actually, is leaving on the 25 th to go the the Blau. This is his 4th time. That should mean something as he is a picky traveller and travels on his own.

Hope this helps!

Enjoy your trip...

Edited: 7:51 am, December 20, 2009
Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

We too have flown with Sunwing and do enjoy thier service..We will be flying with them agian Dec. 22 out of Windsor to Varadero....We Just got back Dec. 5th from Cozumel flying with Air Canada and had to pay $6.00 for a Sandwitch come on !!!..At least on Sunwing they feed you free..We have had no problems with Sunwing...

Safe Travels....

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

I flew with Sunwing a few weeks ago - it was very basic service and probably the dirtiest plane I've been on (my seat had crumbs on it, and there were wrappers all over the floor). Most of my experience flying is with large airlines overseas, so the service seemed pretty bad... but perhaps it's better compared to Air Transat or Sky Service.

Make sure you have a meal before getting on the plane (true for any flight these days though) - they do provide meals, but they are much smaller compared with what you'd get on an overseas flight with Air Canada or British Airways.

Be sure to bring a water bottle if you get thirsty during flights, as on both of our flights there was almost no drink service outside of the meal service - not even coffee/tea after the meal! Our flight back stopped in Quebec City, and most passengers went to the back to help themselves to a glass of water.

pillows or blankets...unless you ask for one right when you get on the plane, dream on!

Also...coming back from our resort, there was nobody around to tell you which bus to go to, or how to get back to your airport(the rep was nowhere to be seen at the time). Some of the Sunwing guests almost got on the wrong bus to the wrong airport!

All of that said, I would still probably fly them again (keeping the above in mind).

Edited: 10:55 am, December 20, 2009
Montreal
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

Thank you all for your responses.

I've heard great things about Sunwing, but never booked with them. This surely helped me make a decision and am looking forward to my trip.

I can't wait to leave all this snow for Sun, Sun, Sun!!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

Just book with the cheapest tour operator and don't worry re how dirty the planes are....who really cares about crumbs on the chairs and/or wrapper under the seat....just wipe it off with a Sunwing magazine!!! lol!!!

Edited: 3:25 pm, December 20, 2009
Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

Hahahahhaah @ macdon

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

Its a real joke re crumbs and wrappers don't you think...Flight attendants are sometimes the ones that have to clean up and they can miss these things......LOL!!!!

It sounded like JL99 had a very unpleasant experience unfortunately with Sunwing but IMHO Air Transat and Skyservice are no better.

Edited: 3:49 pm, December 20, 2009
Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

It's like when you hear ppl complain about the Buffets @ all inclusives i wonder where they eat when they are @ home, 5 star restaurants???..Some times @ home for dinner i make a ham sandwich and soup...and they have wonderful vegatables and fish and chicken meals @ most of these places...Just my 2 peso's

Safe Travels

Englehart, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

We went Sunwing to Varadero in April 2009 and are flying Sunwing to Varadero next week for Christmas, We found the very good and a rep was always there when you needed them.

10. Re: Blau Varadero - Sunwing Deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, June 19, 2010