We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourist hospital/doctor care in Cuba

London, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
tourist hospital/doctor care in Cuba

Anyone have personal experience of emergency tourist healthcare ? Im ve ry aware of the poor deal the average Cuban gets in respect ot healthcare,maybe its better than the average US citizen without paid-up medical insurance ? But thats another subject altogether.

Customizing Cuba Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Cuba History and Fun Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Classic Cuban Tours
Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Vintage Cars Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,703 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: tourist hospital/doctor care in Cuba

See what these guys have to say:

cubasolidarity.net/infomed/…default.htm

Cheers,

Terry

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: tourist hospital/doctor care in Cuba

I was treated in Varadero for a blood clot in my leg (I am 37 and this was 9 years ago.).

I received very good care, my issue was dealt with promptly and efficiently. No worries whatsoever. I speak excellent Spanish...but no need. They spoke perfect English and some French.

Indeed, it was pretty much like any walk-in clinic here. We are however talking about a tourist clinic.

Can't speak of other hospitals as I have not been.

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
hamilton
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: tourist hospital/doctor care in Cuba

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is a hospital in varadero, cuba with ER to treat cardiac patients? We are traveling there in dec and would like to know what they have, where, and how quickly they can help in case someone needs help. May be you can provide me with hospital name ( address?) and or the name of a good cardiologist. Would they just send a patient to Florida.

Thanks for helping me have peace and mind during our holiday!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
montreal
Level Contributor
11,492 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: tourist hospital/doctor care in Cuba

Yes the hospital closer to Varadero is in Florida and they will make you swim to get to the emergency .....You see your a first time poster or one that posts with another name who has nothing to doo tonight .

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
4,444 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: tourist hospital/doctor care in Cuba

Hi DID.., there is a fairly well equipped medical facility in Veradero..,but if you are worried about this,make sure you have up to date travel medical coverage..,and being sent to a US hospital is almost completely out of the question.

Toronto
Level Contributor
285 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: tourist hospital/doctor care in Cuba

Although rare, I believe I recall a situation where a lady was flown to Miami in serious or critical condition. I don't recall the her problem or the result

Mentioned in this post
27. Re: tourist hospital/doctor care in Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 09, 2010