We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varadero Adult's Only

Ontario
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Varadero Adult's Only

My husband and I are hoping to go to Varadero at the end of April. Could anyone suggest the best all inclusive, adult's only resort? And your reason why you liked it? Thanks.

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Varadero Adult's Only

Super Club Breezes

stayed there last April returning in 73 more days.

Once again at the end of April.

Great staff. clean rooms, Amazing beach.

Any specific info needed just PM me.

Burlington
Level Contributor
849 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varadero Adult's Only

I agree it is a great resort Adults only. I have stayed there many times and no complaints

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Varadero Adult's Only

Just returned from Sandals Royal Hicacos. It was nice.

:-)

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Varadero Adult's Only

I totally agree with Super Club Breezes....great adults only resort....the 2 room villas are wonderful with charm and character....lovely french doors leading to a huge balcony or patio....very centrally located on the strip....close to town, golf course, shopping mall.....a very nice section of the beach as well....big sand bar and wide sandy beach.....we loved the buffet....it is like a big pavillion with the stage right in the restaurant for evening entertainment....the pool is just a rectangular pool....kind of mid size but serves the purpose.....the grounds are really nice...lots of paths to walk around.....if you take a 2 room villa stay on the second floor for sure.....nice disco...the food was good.....always find something to eat......it can be a bit of a fun resort...nothing too crazy but it can get going.....we went to Sandals this past December and we didn't care much for it....but we loved Breezes.....and we are over 60.....

Level Contributor
393 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Varadero Adult's Only

Does anyone have any comments on the Sandals Royal Hicoas not really being a Sandals, someone had mentioned that on the trip advisor, Can anyone comment on the difference between Sandals Royal and Breezes Jibaccoa, have been to Breezes Jibaccoa and really liked it, but I would imagine the beach would be alot better in Varadero. We also were to Barcelo Solymar last year, how would Super Club Breezes and Sandals Royal Hicoas compare?. Hey shell seaker, this is your buddy Charlie aka Subdivison pre-approver!!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Varadero Adult's Only

Charlie;

why not post your questions on your own forum!! (laughing).

Level Contributor
393 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Varadero Adult's Only

hey shellseaker get back to work!!!lol the super club breezes sure looks interesting.

Level Contributor
393 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Varadero Adult's Only

Hey Shellseaker you can go to Sandals Hicacos on April 22 Wed. for 985. plus tax out of toronto (check out I travel 2000). that's a good price for that resort. The reviews look really good on it lately and sounds like it has a really nice beach. Charlie

Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Varadero Adult's Only

Charlie_moore, we have stayed at both Jibacoa and Sandals. We loved both, each had pros and cons.

Jibacoa is sort of in the middle of nowhere, though it's closer to Havana so good if you are planning a day trip there. I was blown away by the snorkelling at Jibacoa - you won't find that sort of diversity anywhere in the main hotel strip. We saw squid, stingrays, barracuda, needlefish...wait this sounds scary - it wasn't!

Sandals is a bit quieter, the beach is very beautiful for lounging around, and we found the food just slightly better at the Sandals. The vibe is a bit more fancy with a larger variety of nationalities, which is fun. It's not stuffy though - just fun. There wasn't much to see for snorkeling, but that also means the beach is quite clear.

Sandals Hicacos is definitely not like the other Sandals - that's why it's about half the price. Simply stated, you get what you pay for, and what you get at Sandals Hicacos in our opinion is still quite a bit. I don't really know how anyone can expect it to be like the other Sandals resorts if it is so cheap by comparison. If you go to Sandals Hicacos, expect a very nice adults only quiet and romantic hotel. We loved it, and will be back in a few weeks!

We found the vibe at Jibacoa a bit more of a relaxed party one...we went with a group of friends which was absolutely perfect for our party time.

Welland, Canada
Level Contributor
942 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Varadero Adult's Only

Sandals Hicacos is a great adult getaway. The rooms are spacious and clean, the grounds are well maintained, the food is quite good and the staff are lovely.

Paradisus Princesa del Mar is also a good choice. It's a bit further down the peninsula so the sand is a bit coarse but still not hard to walk on. Grounds are beautiful but it is spread out so there is a fair bit of walking depending on where your villa is located. Lots of choice in restaurants and bars/lounges.