We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best day to visit havana/ do catamaran trip?

Sault Ste. Marie
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best day to visit havana/ do catamaran trip?

Hi everyone:

What are the best days to visit Havana? I am thinking of doing the viazul bus trip 10.80cuc both ways and doing a walking tour as some on the forums have suggested using the 5.00cuc bus to see the sites.

Also, is there a good day for the Catamaran trip or should I just wing it for the best day available while I am there?

We arrive on a Sunday night and fly out on a Sunday night.

Monday will most likely find us lying on the beach soaking up the atmosphere and tasting fine Cuban cocktails.

Thanks in advance.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
690 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best day to visit havana/ do catamaran trip?

Depends on your mood and the weather... a cloudy day may be a better day o travel to Havanna, where as a sunny low wind day for the Catameran trip is best.

windsor
Level Contributor
308 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best day to visit havana/ do catamaran trip?

Cubasam,

When are you going? Would love to chat with you while you are there. Myself and a friend going March 1st to 15th. To Kawama. Have you ever stayed there? You are going late Feb/early March yes?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
690 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best day to visit havana/ do catamaran trip?

I should know by this Fri/Mon... I am planning on going Feb 20-Mar 6... staying at Internacional... would love to share my experienes with you... have not stayed at Kwama though...

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best day to visit havana/ do catamaran trip?

Another contributor indicated that the artist/craft markets in Havana are closed early in the week. If this is something you are interested in you may want to consider a later in the week visit to Havana.

windsor
Level Contributor
308 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best day to visit havana/ do catamaran trip?

we'll be at Kawama on the 1st. I know our hotel is kind of at the end of the beach. Not sure how far you are from us? Look for 2 tall blondes...lol. Should be hanging around on the beach or doing the beach walk. Your tips have been awesome and well recieved on this site. I have been on here for a while but just got into it a bit more for this trip. Its amazing how people's opinions differ. If you red the bubba beer mug thread you'll see what I mean. Its sad really but not much one can do. I shared my opinion a couple of times but finally just gave up as 1 man in particular was getting to me......

Fort St-John BC
Level Contributor
644 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best day to visit havana/ do catamaran trip?

For the catamaran, try to choose a day not to windy, we went on a windy day and did not enjoy it as much.

7. Re: Best day to visit havana/ do catamaran trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, October 19, 2009