We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January weather in Cuba?

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
January weather in Cuba?

I am looking for a website or somebody with some knowledge about how warm it would be in January in Cuba. I know there is a website out there that tells you the temperature for previous years, months, days for different locations.

I just want to know if it would be worth booking a family vacation in Cuba in January 2009??

I want hot enough weather where I can go in the ocean, on the beach and be hot!!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: January weather in Cuba?

The website you are looking for is www.wunderground.com/tripplanner/index.asp

tdot
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: January weather in Cuba?

we went to cuba this year in january and the weather wasnt good.. it was very windy the sun was not strong enuff to tan and the ocean was cold ... i wouldnt go in january again ...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: January weather in Cuba?

We were there this year from Jan.12-20. We were in Havana for the first four days and for two of them it rained but the other two it was about 28 degrees. The last four days we were in Varadero and it was minimum 30 degrees for the entire time. Actually, my husband decided not to wear sunscreen and he ended up getting literally burned to a crisp, lol! What's warm enough for some people may not be warm enough for others though and it also depends on what kind of vacation you want to have. If you are just wanting to lay on the beach and relax at the resort then really warm weather is probably better to have. For me personally, I can't just sit on a beach and do nothing (we only did that one day out of eight)as I love to sightsee and such so the weather was absolutely perfect for us with it not being too hot to get out and do things. So I guess if you're looking for a hot, hot, hot vacation you may want to think about a later month....hope this helps and have a great vacation!

Sault Ste Marie...
Level Contributor
352 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: January weather in Cuba?

We have been to Varadero many times in January. The weather has always been good. The pools were refreshing as well as the ocean. There was always people swimming and the beachs were full.

We just came back from Varadero 4 days ago. If you want hot then go in July. The pools and the ocean were warm. Very hard to keep cool. Almost every afternoon we spent an hour or so in our air conditioned room. It was our only reprieve.

Now don't take me wrong because I'm not complaining of the heat. I would go back in a second, but I've never experienced anything like it. It didn't take long to sweat once we left the room.

Book your vacation because Cuba is great anytime of the year.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: January weather in Cuba?

We went to Varadero this january for two weeks and the weather was great;we are going to go again in January 2009

Welland, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: January weather in Cuba?

hmmmm..i'm surious to. I want to go the beginning of January as well.

It will be my second trip to cuba and the first for my husband and 8 year old!

But I don't want to go and it be cold!

I went in november. At night we needed a sweater but that was fine with me, it was refreshing and nice to sleep!

It was windy but I was told it is usually like that!

I'll have to watch this post too!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: January weather in Cuba?

One word,

Unpredictable!

I have seen hot sunny weather and cool, windy rainy weather. Try staying on the islands south cost if possible. Cayo Largo's weather may be a little better than Varadero's during the winter months.

8. Re: January weather in Cuba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, October 02, 2009