We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

havana overnight

leeds west yorkshire
Level Contributor
265 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
havana overnight

help please anybody

going to do the havana overnight this year as our trinidad hope seems too far.

has anybody got any recent info regarding this please what you do where you stay and the such like any help on this i would be very grateful uk travelers please

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: havana overnight

actually trinidad isnt that far - catch the 820am Viazul bus, gets you to Trinidad about 230pm;

Bus back next day around 330pm, gets you back to Varadero just after 9pm.

Mentioned in this post
Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: havana overnight

Hey - just back today - I stayed at Jibacoa, which was half way between Havana & Varadero. We stayed in Havana for 3 nights. From Trip Advisor we found Jorge - who is a tour guide, he can arrange any trip you want to do, including making reservations for hotels or casa's in Havana. He will arrange the transfer from your hotel & any guides you may want whilst in Havana. He was brilliant, completely arranged everything - We stayed in a wonderful casa on the Prado overlooking the harbour (at 35 CUC per room per night - it was excellent value). Shout if you need any more info - have a wonderful time.

Mentioned in this post
Bristol, England
Level Contributor
908 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: havana overnight

i stayed at the Hotel Telegrafo In Havanna for three days. We found after the long flight that a long transfer to where we were going in Varadero would have been too much. The shock of the heat when we arrived was fantastic and we just wanted to chill out the first night and caught up on our sleep.

The hotel was actually able to organise some outings for us. We went for at night at the Tropicana Caberet and also on a walking tour of the sights and sounds of Havanna. The rest of the time we explored at our leisure. You might want to book the caberet before you fly if you are there over night. If you dont want to do this you can always walk down the waterfront and taste the coctails the Hemmingway made Havanna famous for. I think it will also depend on how long your flight is and when you get there....

love and peace to all.

xxx

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: havana overnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 30, 2009