We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is one day ennough to see Havanna?

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
is one day ennough to see Havanna?

having never been to cuba and staying at varaderro i was wondering if i could do a one day trip to havanna , esp seeing the museum of the revolution and other historical sights or would it be better to over night?

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
743 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: is one day ennough to see Havanna?

Danny

I went to Havana on the overnight trip from Holguin and arranged with the rep. to stay an extra night.

The idea was that I would come back with a party on a day trip. Thanks to the taxi driver taking me to the wrong airport I didn’t come back with the group I was supposed to meet but did manage to get back OK thanks to another group arriving at the airport I was at. (I won’t bore you with the details)

Having a day to wander around the city on my own was great and I felt totally safe – I can recommend it.

A lifetime would not be long enough to see all that Havana can offer.

Rodney

PS London is OK too!!

Mentioned in this post
Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,006 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: is one day ennough to see Havanna?

I definately want to go to havana as well. Still wondering if it is worth it to contact Jorge, as I am traveling on my own and it could be a bit expensive...any advise hee would be much appreciated..oh, and I would like to spend two days there...

PS: I agree, London can be nice. Though I can only agree partly with Alexa...night out in Glasgow anytime..daytime it is Edinburgh by a mile

scotland
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: is one day ennough to see Havanna?

Hiya

London is lovely and I've spent a few very memorable weekends there!! Edinburgh is too touristy for me lol.

Havana beats them all hands down!!

Alexa

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: is one day ennough to see Havanna?

LOL Hola Alexa ...

My point was that you can't see Rome (London/Havana) in a day

It all goes back to the KISS principle

Keep it simple st_ _ _ _

Best not to try to take in tooo much culture music or mojitos ...LOL

Mardi

Mentioned in this post
scotland
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: is one day ennough to see Havanna?

Hi Mardi

I'm happy escaping anywhere for a day or two for a big bit of sunshine and a little bit of culture lol

Although Scotland hasnt been bad for the past couple of days and the mercury even hit the 70s a few times woooooooooo!!

Never mind, only 140 sleeps til Cuba - yay!

Alexa x

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Wales
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: is one day ennough to see Havanna?

Absolutely not, you need at least two days

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
707 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: is one day ennough to see Havanna?

Go to Havana for as long as you can, even a week isn't long enough to see one of the most amazing cities in the world. After one day you'll be desperate to see more, i assure you.

Londons great for a short break (almost as fab as B'ham !..lol..), whereas Edinburgh wins out in Scotland by a Royal Mile !...IMO

Mentioned in this post
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: is one day ennough to see Havanna?

I agree with hiring your own guide. My wife and I, and a guide from Jorge wandered all over old Havana. I noticed the tour groups being ushered around and some of them probably didn't know what they were being shown.

As we were leaving O'Reillys bar, the only people in the place, I noticed groups coming from different directions headed for the bar. We had even managed the coveted balcony table for mohitos.

We lucked in by staying at a nearby hotel with it's own bus to drop you off everyday.

Contact Jorge and he will cater to suit your needs.

Mentioned in this post
ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: is one day ennough to see Havanna?

ya, I wouldnt spend an hour in london either,

30. Re: is one day ennough to see Havanna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 27, 2009