We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIP Lounge at the Airport

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
532 reviews
Save Topic
VIP Lounge at the Airport

Hi

I have read on some of the hotel reviews many people saying to book in to the VIP Lounge at the airport, Does anyone know how you book this? Is it something you can do on the internet or at your hotel?

Thanks

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,063 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIP Lounge at the Airport

See you rep at the orientation meeting. She will arrange it for you.

Leicester,UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIP Lounge at the Airport

I have also been looking how to book the VIP lounge at Varadero. Does anybody know how much it costs?

Thanks

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,063 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIP Lounge at the Airport

I believe it's 20 CUC's.

Fort St-John BC
Level Contributor
644 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIP Lounge at the Airport

It is 20 CUC and its worth it, when we got to the airport their was a huge line up, and they take care of you as soon as you come in the airport, you are brought to the 1rst class counter, and then afterward you are brought in this nice private room with television, leather sofa and snaks and drinks all included, what a way to relax before getting on the plane. Check with your rep at the resort or when on your way to the airport you can request it with the guide you want VIP lounge at the airport.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIP Lounge at the Airport

It's well worth the money. As mentioned it gets you right to the front of the line to check in and get your boarding pass, then pay your 25 CUC to leave, then right through customs. A person then greets you and takes you the lounge. As mentioned, nice little spot, clean washrooms, can leave your bags and go upstairs duty free shopping, and they watch your departure time and details for you. At final departure they take you directly to the gate where you just get right on...no waiting. Really worth every penny.

Enjoy your trip.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
532 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VIP Lounge at the Airport

Thanks everyone, sounds like it's money well spent!

Cheers

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
132 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VIP Lounge at the Airport

Is it worth it if you have an morning flight?

Our flight leaves Varadero at 1030am...

Sounds great, but didnt know if it was worth going if we had the morning flight.

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VIP Lounge at the Airport

just the expedite processing and waiting in a great lounge makes it worthwhile anytime.

Ontario
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: VIP Lounge at the Airport

Make sure you get your VIP pass before leaving for the airport!!

We enjoyed VIP in Cuba for the first time 2 years ago. Last month, we made arrangements for VIP a couple of days before our departure. The day we were leaving our resort, we checked AGAIN with our rep - she "supposedly" called her rep at the airport in front of us on her cell and confirmed our VIP status.

When arriving at the airport shortly after, we were asked for our VIP passes - we explained the situation - the rep said he had received NO call from our resort rep, and that VIP was completely booked. They tried to wrangle 2 VIP passes while we checked our luggage through the VIP teller. In the end, we didn't get VIP, just lots of apologies.

To top it off? Close to an hour after sitting in the main terminal upstairs, while walking around checking out the different shops, I stuck my head in the VIP lounge - the room was mostly empty! Maybe 20% full if that....get your VIP pass in advance!

- Jo

Kentville, Canada
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VIP Lounge at the Airport

in 3 x using the varadero vip, i dont think i've seen it more than 1/3 full - and don't foget there's a second room for smokers.