We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Guide for Havana

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tour Guide for Havana

Read lots of good stuff about the tour guides for Havana.

We are planning on busing into Havana and having a guided day tour throughout the city.

Does anyone have the email address for tour guides used?

Ontario
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Guide for Havana

Maliika,

We did an overnight in Havana a couple of years ago. My hubby set everything up, including hiring a Havana guide he researched here at TripAdvisor.

Contact Jorge (pronounced Horhay) at jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es . He spent the 2 days with us and is AMAZING. Like having a history professor with you. He can set you up with anything you could need. Enjoy!

- Jo

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Guide for Havana

gracias - we are counting the days until we arrive.

Maliika

NWT
Level Contributor
519 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Guide for Havana

Hi there,

We did an overnight tour of Havana with Cubatour. I do NOT suggest it.

Just a thought :)

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Guide for Havana

I recommend Jorge and his group of guides as well. We just returned from Cuba this past weekend, spent 3 nights in Havana and hired a guide for 5 hours which was well worth the money. Our guide was very knowledgeable and spoke excellent English. She met us at our hotel and we went from there to the Old City. If you want to see more then you can hire for additional days as well. I would defintely hire through him again. I have an updated email address for him as well.

jorgeguide2004@gmail.com

toronto
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Guide for Havana

wish I knew this before I went. Found the bus tour okay for a quick overview. Better with your own guide if are really interested in the history and have questions.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,086 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour Guide for Havana

Might I ask how much you paid for your tours? I am definately interested going to Havana, so not sure what the best method is, considering I am traveling on my own.

So a price comparison might be a start.

Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tour Guide for Havana

This information is very helpful. Thanks so much.

Could you please advise me on where to spend one or two nights in Havana. Not looking for a posh hotel but a well located, clean and pleasant place would be great. Any ideas?????

Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour Guide for Havana

This information is very helpful. Thanks so much.

Could you please advise me on where to spend one or two nights in Havana. Not looking for a posh hotel but a well located, clean and pleasant place would be great. Any ideas?????

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,086 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour Guide for Havana

Hi,

just wondering if anyone could let me know what the prices are for such havanna trips. I might be interested going for one or two nights...and I am on my own. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

fort erie
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour Guide for Havana

I am renting one of jorges tour guides too it was going to be 85 cuc per transportation each way.And the guide was going to be additional 20 per hour for 4 people.

I am now renting a bigger car or van to accomodate 5 ppl and its now a total of 325 cuc for 6 hours of guide and round trip transportation the current e mail is correct i also have a phone number if its needed.

Thanks

Kevin