We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paradisus princesa

toronto
6 posts
Save Topic
paradisus princesa

First time in Cuba. Staying at the Paradisus Princesa from the 3rd-10th. Those that have been, could you give us some feedback and advice. Couldn't decide between the Paradisus Princesa or the Sandals Royal Hicacos. Did I make the right choice? What to except from hotel staff? How much of a tip is enough? Do I tip my housemaid before or at the end? Will tipping in the beginning give me better service? So many people saying different things. My husband and I are on our wedding anniversary. Really want to have a great time. Any input would be great. Thanks for your time and response.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,672 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paradisus princesa

I have been to both and they are both good resorts by Cuban standards. When we were at PDM it was when it was Sandals Resort and not Sol Melia. Since Sol Melia have taken it over they have spend money on it and it has moved up the TA league table.

Have you made the right choice - it all comes down to personal preference.

The beach at SRH is better than the one are PDM.

Our accommodation [Hill Top} at PDM was better than SRH

Food, staff, entertainment was on a par.

Tipping is again personal and we tip when we receive good/great service and not in advance. We have never found that tipping influences the service we receive - being nice, polite and friendly to staff certainly does.

We have always left tipping the maid to the last couple of days and them find her and give her a tip and say thanks for looking after us and out room.

Holidays in the main are what you make them

2. Re: paradisus princesa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 12, 2009