We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfalls

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfalls

Hi

We are going to the Blau Varadero for our holiday next summer and can't wait!

The thing is we really want to see some of the waterfalls in Cuba as they look amazing but I am not sure if there are any nearby to Varadero? If there aren't any near Varadero does anyone know where we could find one and whether we could travel to it?

Any info would be much appreciated!

Love Natalie x

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfalls

While in Cayo Santa maria, I went on an excursion to Guanayara National Park: in the south oh Cuba. It was about a three hour bus ride. There was a beautiful waterfalls there. I'm not sure if the same tour is offered from Varadero. Varadero appears to be about the same distance. I've seen some spectaclular waterfalls in other parts of the country, maybe there is something closer. I have a description of the excursion on my trip report located on my profile page.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
453 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterfalls

Hi Natalie, If you want to see the waterfalls etc you need to go on the RAMBO TOUR.. It goes out from Varadero and includes a night away from your hotel staying up in the mountains about 6hrs away, also a load of other stuff included.

Take a look on the following link for photos of the tour...

travel.webshots.com/album/559129590OZLktZ

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterfalls

I think your Rambo tour ended up at the same place as the one I went on. Your itinerary appears quite a bit different though. We did the trip in one day leaving early morning and arriving back at about 7 pm. There were no stopovers at anywhere else but the national park. Varadero must be further out than it looks on the map.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterfalls

Also did that tour in 2000 from Cayo Largo, we flew to Trinidad I think??

Great day out & the waterfalls were great too.

Hope you enjoy it if you decide to go

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterfalls

Richard, have seen your pictures on the site you gave. It looks fabulous. You look like you had loads of fun. Is it a very 'energetic' trip? Although we are both quite fit we're in our late 50s and not as fit as you young'uns!! and we wouldn't fancy hours of walking.

We also want to do the overnight Havana trip and, I guess, as both trips involve nights away it's got to be one or the other. Probably we will not get the opportunity to visit Cuba again so we need to get it right.

What was the cost of the Rambo tour?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,300 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterfalls

I'm an early 50s adult, not a young'un and would say that if you feel that you are fit, you should be able to do it. It's a 2 to 3 hour hike once you arrive at the trail, but that includes stopping and identifying plants and other breaks. At some points you have to hold on to tree stems and such as you meander up and down the trail, but really nothing strenuous. The trail veers off into two options, one was wet and one dry. The two groups meet up later at a pond in the forest. I can't recall anyone being pooped afterwards.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waterfalls

Thank you everyone, I am so pleased we are going to have the opportunity to see one of these beautiful waterfalls! Thanks Richard for the pics, they are fab!

We will definately be going on the Rambo tour, love the look of the zoo, the transport and the mountain hotel.

Thanks!

Love Natalie x

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
453 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waterfalls

Not a problem Natalie, Have a great time!!!!!

9. Re: Waterfalls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, September 08, 2009