We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul

Port Elgin, Ontario
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul

Hi, Has anybody been to both of these resorts, or have an opinion on which is better? We are trying to plan a vacation to Varadero and have it narrowed down to those two hotels. Thanks!

9 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul

Two completely different resorts, and the prices reflect that.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,864 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul

These are 2 different resorts Iberostar Laguna Azul is nicer newer and better resort .

By the way for those that have been to this resort the water falls rock they had it fell on the early morning thank got nobody was under that rock as many people would stay under so they could get some shade ..

Port Elgin, Ontario
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
3. Re: Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul

Okay thanks, they are both within $40 of each other for a week at the time we are going so was hard to decipher the better resort. The reviews seem better for the Roc Arenas, which is why we were torn. But based on these answers, we’ll probably go with Iberostar. Thanks for the help!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul

Flying out of where and which week? If it's $40 more form azul, I say go!

Port Elgin, Ontario
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
5. Re: Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul

April 9th from Toronto- Roc Arenas is $1115/pp and Iberostar Laguna is $1129/pp...so i guess just $14 different!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
71 reviews
6. Re: Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul

I am so turned off by the reports I have read about the Roc I now won't consider it. So many reviews about school kids (college) coming in and partying and ruining everyone else's time as the hotel doesn't do anything about it. Lots of Canadian reviews on this. Even videos on You Tube.

I would pick the ILA!

1 post
7. Re: Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul

We just finished booking to Iberostar Laguna Azul- I’m pretty positive we made the right choice!

London
Level Contributor
68 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul

Which site did you book through? We are interested. Thank you

Port Elgin, Ontario
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
9. Re: Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul

We used tripcentral.ca. Started with the live chat available on the website to ask all our questions, and then called the agent directly to complete the booking.

Reply to: Roc Arenas Doradas or Iberostar Laguna Azul
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted