We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

ontario
Level Contributor
191 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

Fellow Canadians. Who have you found is the cheapest to book a all inclusive in Varadero?? IS it on line?? or did you phone in your booking ???

Also, do you get more discounts by booking closer to the departure date or does it matter?

Thanks in advance

Bathurst New...
Level Contributor
336 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

yourtraveltickets and selloffvacations have great prices, usually a few bucks less then others .

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
805 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

sell off vacations will match any price you can find online...I booked 12 days before going and got the best price only because the signature tour was picking up the taxes that particular week. When I checked on the pricescloser to my traveling date, it seemed that I got the best price when I booked. I do my research on line and then phone in to book....Hope that helps

Stewiacke, NS
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

i agree with both, selloffvacations.com is who we book through last week, we leave mar 23rd. we booked Melia Las Antillas (used to be beaches) 4+ star great price of 1087 +taxes pp.

I don't think the prices are going to go down much for this time period. I booked online was easy and seemed painless, just make sure you understand your insurances and what you want.

another one is gotraveldirect.com but they only offer ottawa and montreal departures. too much of a pain to get connecting flights and ends up being more expensive.

goodluck!

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

We use Belair Travel (www.belairtravel.com) - they were previous Discount Travel Warehouse (and I believe Jet Vacations out of MB) - we have used DTW for several years and now Belair this year and have never had any issues with booking online, and we always seem to get a great price (exactly the same as selloffvacations).

We booked online about 10 days in advance and got a great price - they also contacted us by phone immediately after booking to go over all the details of our trip...

If you want to wait, be prepared to go to plan B for a resort... we lucked out but friends of ours were waiting on a particular resort and then all of a sudden it was not available for the dates they wanted...

ontario
Level Contributor
191 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

Thank you so far (Toronto here). I also found www.tripcentral.ca a very useful site because all taxes and surcharges are included. They also list all the hotels and prices at the same time over several months . All this info. is on one page so you can compare without clicking !!! Thanks in advance so far.

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
716 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

I find any of Belair, selloff, or itravel work. There are a wholebunch of online agencies that are good.

In terms of pricing this year has been a little different than past years. It use to be the best pricing was closest to booking, this year appears to have better pricing three or four weeks out...

Hamilton
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

I found that redtag.ca was cheaper than selloffvacations by about $11.

It may depend on the relationship between the website & the carrier.

So HolaSun Vacations was best to book through redtag.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

Try selloffvacations.com or redtag.ca. Basically all the prices are the same, regardless of which site you use. Usually the cheapest is about 2 weeks away but sometimes if you book a week in advance the prices could in fact go up. Also, a lot of the last minutes could be limited to 2 and 3 stars. March break is the most expensive and I found this year, the prices did not go down much. The best web site though is tripcentral.ca. Click on any country and then click on the date and then the day you want to go. It is the best site for seeing everything all at once but you can't book on line on this site. You would have to call them or email them. Also the cheapest last minutes are during the week and not the weekend.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

A good travel agent will find you the best deal.

My travel agent can/has and will beat anything I have ever found on-line.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Canadians: Who is the cheapest for booking Varadero?

same with us. Our agent will match the on line sites and we have the confidence in a real person at a local business in our small town. If something goes wrong, I know I'll have our agent to back us up.