We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camaguey - What is the best resort you have stayed at?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Camaguey - What is the best resort you have stayed at?

I understand this is all opinion here :) But we would love to hear about which resort you love most. Things important to us are QUIET (NOT BUSY!!), prefer mostly adults to kids, cleanliness (huge!!) and a great beach. Thanks!!

Edited: 8:38 pm, August 18, 2013
Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
289 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Camaguey - What is the best resort you have stayed at?

Cayo Guiellermo I did not enjoy at all as SoloCanadianGirl said very secluded and with no locals it can be very boring. Hoguin/ Guardlavaca was very nice with the beach and nearby town and the city within an hour drive. Varadero great for clubs of all kinds music and lots of choices for food. Havana Very expensive at the hotels and not allin at most can be very expensive, its a must see but not a must stay. Santa Lucia great for diving and always a party at one of the outside clubs. My favorite for sure is Mayanaboo due to friends made over the years. I

Kingston, Ontario...
Level Contributor
312 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Camaguey - What is the best resort you have stayed at?

Well, Terry and Mike - there is nothing I like better than being agreed with! Cheers.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Camaguey - What is the best resort you have stayed at?

You guys have all been GREAT ... thanks again!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Camaguey - What is the best resort you have stayed at?

i have been going to playa santa lucia for 21 years, my favorite hotel is the mayanabo. quite ask for block 2. it is very very clean. the beach is glorious, the food is great and the people are fantastic. the mayanabo will be closed until november so next best is the caracol, we just returned 4 days ago and as always each time gets better and better.talk to the employees and join in the activities, your time there is what you make it, enjoy

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,500 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Camaguey - What is the best resort you have stayed at?

Great info on Santa Lucia and area. We plan to go there soon.

This is a great tool in preparing to go to a new resort.

Seems like some of us here, did not do their home work before going to a particular location. Hence having a shetty time!

Research is the key!

Salud!

Santa lucia camaguey
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Camaguey - What is the best resort you have stayed at?

All the Hotels have their own charming, I can guarantee you that Gran Club Santa Lucía is in a good time, the food is ok, a wonderful entertaiment staff very familiar , the personal is fantastic and the Junior Suites rooms are spaciuous, clean, if you have othes specific questions It will be a pleassure.

17. Re: Camaguey - What is the best resort you have stayed at?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Camaguey