We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Excursion to Chose - Which one is Better?

Oakville
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
1 Excursion to Chose - Which one is Better?

Hi, have decided this trip to FINALLY do an excursion...was going to chose between The Iguana tour or the Ranch. We are 2 adults, 1 girl almost 12. Feedback on either of these...and if anyone has been recently...with Nolitours...do they remember know which day of the week/and how much? Yes even on vacation I am "planning" haha

Thanks,

Terry

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Excursion to Chose - Which one is Better?

Hola Terry,

If I had to choose only 1 excursion, it would be the Playa Bonita catamaran outing. Incredible! I know that doesn't really help you considering that you've already indicated the two excursions you're interested in. Perhaps it just confuses the situation further. jaja But that's my dos centavos worth. :)

Terry

Oakville
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Excursion to Chose - Which one is Better?

haha thanks Terry...nope doesn't help...we're not really boating people. Cheers

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Excursion to Chose - Which one is Better?

Terry, if you are not boating people then I would take the ranch tour.

Kingston, Ontario...
Level Contributor
312 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 Excursion to Chose - Which one is Better?

I've been on the Ranch Tour (only because it was a free excursion with my package), so can only comment on that one. I personally found the rodeo a little disconcerting - it seemed those poor calves were being hurt when they were being roped. But then again, I am a city girl and don't understand these things, so maybe it was just me! I wouldn't go to the Calgary stampede for the same reason. Taking that out of the equation, I enjoyed listening to the guide talk about the medicinal herb garden, and I enjoyed the pig roast. I did not appreciate the school visit (I did not go in - a school is not to be disrupted, in my humble opinion, at the whim of a tourist). I also found the sad looking people at the side of the road in the little village - obviously expecting handouts - to be off-putting. I believe the tourists are making beggars of these folk. So, having said all that ... parts of the Ranch Tour were interesting, and other parts upsetting to me personally. But if you do go, keep an open mind and make your own opinions known when you get back. I'd be intereted in hearing your reactions.

Renfrew, Canada
Level Contributor
381 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 Excursion to Chose - Which one is Better?

I have done both excursions and preferred the Iguana tour. I agree with Solo's description of the Ranch. I liked and disliked the same things about it.

The Iguana tour is a boat tour ....You take the big catamaran to Iguana island. You sail for a bit, go snorkeling, go to the starfish colony, tour the bay of Nuevitas and if you're lucky you might see the dolphins swimming in the bay.

Then off to the island where you do a nature walk and learn about the flora and fauna, a delightfull seafood paella lunch (they will ask you on the boat if you prefer chicken), and then you sail back.

Having said all that, when I left on April 12, Iguana island had been closed due to a problem with the pier, so unless it's been fixed, the tour won't operate.

Rancho King is on Tuesday and Iguana Island, when running is on Sunday and Tuesday.

Have a great trip!!

Oakville
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 Excursion to Chose - Which one is Better?

Thanks for the feedback...cheers!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 Excursion to Chose - Which one is Better?

I updated this in Jan.

What excursions are available from Santa Lucia?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2339909-i24076-k6…

8. Re: 1 Excursion to Chose - Which one is Better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Camaguey